Micromax YU Price & Specs Details

Micromax will announce the much hyped and awaited phone, Micromax Yu tomorrow at Hyatt Regency along with the team from Cyanogenmod team. I got some information about the price of the phone and specs and decided to share the information with you. Note that the information below has been collected from several sources online and is subject to updates as the phone gets launched tomorrow.

Micromax Yu is expected to be somewhat similar to the Chinese OnePlus One. The phone will be impressive with Snapdragon 615 Octa-Core processor, developed by Qualcomm. It'll have out of the box 4G-LTE support (much desired because 4G will be 'the thing' in 2015). It will also have a large 5.5" high-definition display. The phone will also ship with a custom ROM powered by Cyanogenmod [CYGN 12?]

Micromax will sell the phone exclusively via Amazon and it will be available for order online only. Now the price of the phone with killer hardware is expected to be a little upwards of Rs. 10,000. My best guess is that the phone will be made available for about Rs. 10,999 or 11,999 and for any price point it's going to be one of the best phones to beat in Indian markets.

Note: The import cost of the phone is Rs. 8301! How awesome is that?

Replies

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

This is the first I heard of Kirigami, a Japanese artform similar to Origami. Kirigami involves cutting the material. This study seems to go way beyond an artform and can...
I am planning to make wireless robot that will be controlled by my Android phone. I have done training on Embedded & Robotics but I am not having that kit....
John Deere presents TECHNO-CHAMP – an All India Online Technology Innovation Contest – a unique competition designed with the purpose of creating a common platform for students across the country...
Indian smartphone manufacturer Spice Mobiles wants to attract millions of customers by introducing their new Spice Dream Uno 498H, the world’s first Hindi Android One smartphone. The new smartphone offers...
From Washington Post: Quote: Our goal is not to confuse or alarm you, but we must, as agents of the news media, speak the truth. And so we say, with...