Micromax to introduce new smartphone with dual camera setup on March 29

Micromax is gearing up for the launch of a new smartphone and has sent out media invites for the event scheduled on March 29. The cryptic invite simply contains a mathematical equation of 13 cubed equals 2197, where 2197 indicates the date of the event when the numbers are shuffled. Interestingly, Micromax's upcoming event date coincides with Samsung’s Unpacked event where the South Korean giant will unveil the Galaxy S8, one of the most awaited smartphones of the year 2017.

Micromax, over the past few weeks, has attracted a lot of attention by sending out teasers via its official Twitter page. Armed with the hints from the company's past week's tweet and the recent cryptic invite, it is easy for us to guess that the Indian smartphone manufacturer is all set to roll out its first ever smartphone featuring a Dual Camera setup.

The last week's teasers, one containing a GIF image which shows two lenses like circles lighting up along with a tagline 'Cannot Overlook' and another image with the words 'Beyond Awesome’ where the Os are being portrayed as a lens, clearly hints a dual camera setup on the upcoming device. With the 13 cubed thing, it looks like the company is inkling for a smartphone sporting two 13-megapixel rear cameras, and one 13-megapixel front camera for selfies.

micromax-invite

Apart from the camera, the smartphone is expected to ship with a metal unibody, 5.5-inch display, 1.5 GHz octa-core MediaTek MT6750T System-on-Chip paired with 3GB of RAM, 32GB of onboard storage expandable via microSD card, support for connectivity options like 4G with VoLTE, Google Duo video calling and a fingerprint scanner integrated into the Home button.

Micromax, the Indian Consumer electronics company, after coming into existence back in 2000 earned a big name in the Indian smartphone market and was once the second-largest smartphone manufacturer in India, next to Samsung. It has lost its ground owing to the strong foothold of Chinese players like Xiaomi, Vivo, and OPPO. With the new launch, it's certainly planning to be back in the game by offering a feature-rich, affordable smartphone to its customers.

Source: twitter.com | indianexpress.com

Replies

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

Frank L. Bennardo, P.E. is the Founder & President of Engineering Express® - a company that specializes in technology-driven systemization of component designs. Himself a Board Certified Professional Structural Engineer...
Pinning the poverty issues, brokers have managed to supply electronic waste (or e-waste) products to developing countries including India, China, and other parts of Africa for many years where the...
Google is here with the release of first developer preview of Android O. As of now it’s not at all stable and is only meant for app development and bug...
Honda Motorcycle and Scooter India Limited a subsidiary of the Japanese Honda Motors Company, has launched the latest version of its Honda Aviator scooter with compliance to the Indian Government's...
I formatted my Macbook Air and installed a fresh copy of OSX Sierra. I ran the setup and to my surprised specific keys: K, I, O, M (and maybe few...