Micromax Introduces World's Lightest Touch Phone In India

Indian mobile handsets company Micromax launched a touch screen smartphone on wdenesday, moduT, in partnership with Israel based modu limited to tap the "aspirational" segement of the consumers.

The 3.5G modu T was awarded the Guinness World Record for being the lightest touch phone in the world. Priced at Rs. 12,000 the 2.2 inch touch screen phone will be available in the market with pre-bundled 2GB memory card from Oct 22.

Micromax-Modu-T-Mobile

The phone comes with two "fy" devices, jackets, which when connected, add new features to the phone. The "camerafy" jacket converts the phone into a camera with a 5MP resolution and LED Flash. Alternatively, you can also "sportify" your modu T phone and turn it into your exercise companion.

Modu is a modular phone, which operates on Qualcomm's Brew Operating system which offers various handy applications like YouTube, Flickr, Google Search, Twitter, Facebook, TunWiki, eBuddy and Snaptu. "Innovation has been driver for Micromax's success in India and we believe that by bringing the modu T phone to India, we are targeting the 'aspirational' segment of the Indian consumers, who are the early adopters of technology and passionate about electronic gadgets," said Vikas Jain, Business Director of Micromax.

The company also said it will launch five models in the Brazilian market and is wiating for approval from Anatel, the telecom regulator of Brazil.

Jain said the company is also looking forward to launch tablets in the market. "We are exploring the options to bring the tablets to the market...however it depends on the consumer response once the third generation services are available in the market." The company has also filed a Draft Red Herring Prospectus (DRHP) with SEBI for an initial public offering (IPO).

Replies

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

I tried putting a Scratch Guard on my Samsung Wave's touchscreen and I could feel the difference. The response of the touch-screen was bit sluggish as compared to the response...
Bajaj Pulsar is one of the hottest selling motorcycles in India. I'm sure we've many Pulsar owners on CE. If you've used Bajaj Pulsar for at least a few weeks,...
Hi, I am Diva, doing 3rd year Electronics and communcation engineering.We are supposed to do our mini project after 1 month.I wish I could do my mini project using microcontrollers.I...
I needed a simple headphone and the shopkeeper pointed me to this device. iBall is a well known brand in India and since I prefer headphones over earphones, I decided...
do anyone have final year projects on power audio amplifier with microcontroller interface?