Micromax Canvas MAd A94 Phone And App Pays You For Watching Ads

In the mad frenzy of smartphone launches, Micromax has come up with a new phone in its Canvas series called - Micromax Canvas MAd with a unique feature in India. It has an app that lets you earn points for every advertisement you view on it. MAD is short for Micromax Advertising Application - an app that will come pre-installed on the Micromax Canvas Mad A94 smartphone. As of now, it is not clear whether this app will be made available for other Micromax branded phones or not. Users can watch these ads and earn points that can be later converted into real cash that gets credited to your prepaid or postpaid account balance. Micromax has confirmed that the service will work for all opted-in subscribers across all telecom operators.

Coming to the Micromax Canvas MAd A94 features - We have a phone with 4.5-inch IPS touchscreen with 480 x 854 pixel resolution, that features the Android Jelly Bean 4.2.2 Operating system. Powered by a 1.2GHz quad core BCM23550 processor, the Mad A94 smartphone's tech specs list a 5 megapixel camera on the rear end as well as a 5 megapixel on the front side. The phone packs inside it a 1800mAh battery that offers a talk time of 5 hours and standby time of 150 hours. On the memory front, you will have 512 MB of RAM and an internal memory of 4 GB which is expandable by up to 32GB using microSD Card. Last but not on the specifications list are the connectivity options that include - Wi-Fi, Bluetooth, GPS and 3G. The phone is a s Dual-SIM (GSM+GSM) one and other than the advertising app MAD, the pre-installed ones include M!live, Opera Mini, Hike, Spuul, Kingsoft Office and BBM (Blackberry Messenger).
Micromax-Canvas-Mad-A94
Shubhodip Pal, Chief Marketing Officer, Micromax said, “Micromax Advertising Application, MAd, is our unique attempt to create a win-win for the Mobile Eco-system where our customer not only gets delighted with the device hardware, but also with the unique application that will be supported across all GSM telecom operators and works well for both prepaid & postpaid customers. The launch of the MAd would be supported a clutter breaking 360 degree marketing campaign across print, online and TV. We have already kick started the digital leg of the campaign with ‘Guess the Ad Campaign’ which has received an overwhelming response from the ad-crazy audiences across social media platforms. First of its kind, the campaign is truly a tribute to the advertising world appreciating some amazing advertisements by leading brands.” Speaking about the launch, Rahul Sharma, Co-founder, Micromax said “With the launch of Micromax MAd, we aim to create a powerful medium to interact, engage, entertain and connect with the consumers by lending them our ears to voice their areas of interest, preferences and incentivizing it for them through reward."

The app is free and the phone is being priced at Rs. 8,490. With all those features, do you think that the Micromax Canvas MAd A94 phone will climb the Best Buy list for Indian consumers? Share your thoughts with us in comments below.

Replies

• Sarathkumar Chandrasekaran
    Sarathkumar Chandrasekaran
    Definitely an eye catching ad for micromax.An increase in RAM would added advantage to it .
    Thats an nice idea where both customers and suppliers get benefit but we have to wait to see its success.
    iIf anyone tries the app, post a review of it.
  • Ankita Katdare
    Ankita Katdare
    Does anybody here know why this model will work for advertisers?

Any one in dire need of pre-paid balance in his/her phone will just start the MAd application and leave the advertisements playing while he/she goes cooking or taking a bath. People will get paid for not even watching those ADs.

Or wait, will the advertisements be interactive - with you having to touch the screen every now and then?
  • Sarathkumar Chandrasekaran
    Sarathkumar Chandrasekaran
    Ankita Katdare
    Does anybody here know why this model will work for advertisers?

Or wait, will the advertisements be interactive - with you having to touch the screen every now and then?
    I like this idea if i am from suppliers point of view.
    If i am a app maker i would utilize the feature where the sensor senses the eye movement and react towards it.if i am not wrong, i am talking about features in S models of Samsung .
  • Chinmay Joshi
    Chinmay Joshi
    There is another app called PaisaSwipe for android users (not for any specific cell phone brand) which does exactly the same as mentioned above. You just need to swipe an ad which is seen as screen lock on your screen and you earn points which later you can redeem to your phone prepaid balance..

Try it
    Link: #-Link-Snipped-#

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

1. Title:EQUILIBRIO 2. Description:Students of ITGGV are organizing a National level TechFest this year named EQUILIBRIO 2K14 which is to be held from 22nd Jan. – 24th Jan.2014. containing more...
Wish you many many Happy returns of the day @eternalthinker Have a great year ahead ! 🎉
Huawei has launched four new smartphones in the Indian market. It has expanded its Ascend line of Android smartphones with the launch of Ascend G700, Ascend G610, Ascend Y511 and...
Hi I am looking to hire some software programmers from North India region, Preferably from Punjab If you are interested, then Please send me your CV on my email id:...
Here are the Top 10 Industrial Innovations for 2013 as viewed by World Industrial Reporter readers in order of popularity: https://www.worldindustrialreporter.com/top-10-industrial-innovations-of-2013/