1. Home >
  2. Apps >
  3. Groups >

Micromax A110 Canvas 2 Gets Official Jellybean Update

Question asked by babumoshaaye in #Gadgets on Mar 13, 2013
babumoshaaye
babumoshaaye · Mar 13, 2013
Rank D2 - MASTER
Currently all the budget phones have swarmed the market and taken over, and a few days back there were rumours about Micromax releasing a Jellybean update for its A110 model. And as of yesterday, Micromax uploaded the Jellybean ROM on their FTP site, where users could logon and download the file and upgrade it.

This is the first time, any budget phone company has released an update to the Android version. With this step, the future of such companies indeed look brighter. Posted in: #Gadgets
Kaustubh Katdare
Kaustubh Katdare · Mar 13, 2013
Rank A1 - PRO
I've used Jelly Bean and there's nothing that excited me about it. But that's just me, I think.
Anoop Kumar
Anoop Kumar · Mar 13, 2013
Rank A2 - PRO
The_Big_K
I've used Jelly Bean and there's nothing that excited me about it. But that's just me, I think.
probably you are using Samsung phone.
I think micromax offering 4.1.x update. this update also came with lots of update including Google now.
I am currently using 4.2.2 which have enhanced google now and some awesome features like sphere camera, extended notification and lock screen widgets with app accessibility.

pardon me if I mixed updates of 4.1.x with 4.2.x
Kaustubh Katdare
Kaustubh Katdare · Mar 14, 2013
Rank A1 - PRO
Yes, I have a Samsung phone. I've been reading a lot about Google Now but haven't really followed up which firmware version offers what features. I hope the next update Samsung rolls out will be impressive. They're launching the S4 tomorrow at about 4 am Indian Standard Time. All eyes are set on it.

4.2.2 Vs. 4.1.x? Who knows the difference?
Abhishek Rawal
Abhishek Rawal · Mar 14, 2013
Rank A2 - PRO
I am bit sad that Samsung is launching it's most anticipated model Galaxy SIV with Android 4.2.2 only.

I thought we might be seeing Android 5.0 Key Lime Pie in Galaxy SIV.
#Disappointed..
Anoop Kumar
Anoop Kumar · Mar 14, 2013
Rank A2 - PRO
Android 5.0 Key Lime Pie ANNOUNCEMENT is due on 15th, March by Google 😉.
I am sure galaxy s4 going have 5.0 update second to nexus X.
Kaustubh Katdare
Kaustubh Katdare · Mar 14, 2013
Rank A1 - PRO
ianoop
Android 5.0 Key Lime Pie ANNOUNCEMENT is due on 15th, March by Google 😉.
I am sure galaxy s4 going have 5.0 update second to nexus X.
That's a news. But S4 will likely have Jelly Bean. I'm curious to know what new stuff the firmware offers.
babumoshaaye
babumoshaaye · Mar 15, 2013
Rank D2 - MASTER
The main thing is that Micromax has offered an official update for the first time. This would see other Indian budget phone companies also releasing official updates, again trying to steal away smartphone consumers.

And Micromax sent an update to Android Jellybean 4.1.1. Currently only the flagship devices have Android 4.2.2. Google Now can be activated by updating Google Search on Jellybean and probably on ICS and other lower versions.

Android 5.0 Key Lime Pie would definitely be better, since it would see the newer kernel 3.8. Fingers crossed.

You must log-in or sign-up to reply to this post.

Click to Log-In or Sign-Up