Micromax A110 Canvas 2 Gets Official Jellybean Update

Currently all the budget phones have swarmed the market and taken over, and a few days back there were rumours about Micromax releasing a Jellybean update for its A110 model. And as of yesterday, Micromax uploaded the Jellybean ROM on their FTP site, where users could logon and download the file and upgrade it.

This is the first time, any budget phone company has released an update to the Android version. With this step, the future of such companies indeed look brighter.

Replies

• Kaustubh Katdare
    Kaustubh Katdare
    I've used Jelly Bean and there's nothing that excited me about it. But that's just me, I think.
  • Anoop Kumar
    Anoop Kumar
    The_Big_K
    I've used Jelly Bean and there's nothing that excited me about it. But that's just me, I think.
    probably you are using Samsung phone.
    I think micromax offering 4.1.x update. this update also came with lots of update including Google now.
    I am currently using 4.2.2 which have enhanced google now and some awesome features like sphere camera, extended notification and lock screen widgets with app accessibility.

pardon me if I mixed updates of 4.1.x with 4.2.x
  • Kaustubh Katdare
    Kaustubh Katdare
    Yes, I have a Samsung phone. I've been reading a lot about Google Now but haven't really followed up which firmware version offers what features. I hope the next update Samsung rolls out will be impressive. They're launching the S4 tomorrow at about 4 am Indian Standard Time. All eyes are set on it.

4.2.2 Vs. 4.1.x? Who knows the difference?
  • Abhishek Rawal
    Abhishek Rawal
    I am bit sad that Samsung is launching it's most anticipated model Galaxy SIV with Android 4.2.2 only.

I thought we might be seeing Android 5.0 Key Lime Pie in Galaxy SIV.
    #Disappointed..
  • Anoop Kumar
    Anoop Kumar
    Android 5.0 Key Lime Pie ANNOUNCEMENT is due on 15th, March by Google 😉.
    I am sure galaxy s4 going have 5.0 update second to nexus X.
  • Kaustubh Katdare
    Kaustubh Katdare
    ianoop
    Android 5.0 Key Lime Pie ANNOUNCEMENT is due on 15th, March by Google 😉.
    I am sure galaxy s4 going have 5.0 update second to nexus X.
    That's a news. But S4 will likely have Jelly Bean. I'm curious to know what new stuff the firmware offers.
  • babumoshaaye
    babumoshaaye
    The main thing is that Micromax has offered an official update for the first time. This would see other Indian budget phone companies also releasing official updates, again trying to steal away smartphone consumers.

And Micromax sent an update to Android Jellybean 4.1.1. Currently only the flagship devices have Android 4.2.2. Google Now can be activated by updating Google Search on Jellybean and probably on ICS and other lower versions.

Android 5.0 Key Lime Pie would definitely be better, since it would see the newer kernel 3.8. Fingers crossed.

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

discuss about making a career for cs engineer in isro
LG has introduced a 'Smart Video' feature soon to be integrated with their latest Optimus G Pro phone. The feature detect's users eye movements during video playback and if you...
hey friends i am pursuing BE from mechanical..right now i am in 3rd year.. i want to know what should i do for my better future in mechanical.. i have...
My name is lovedeep sandhu I am doing my btech in mechanical trade I am from ferozepur My aim is to become good engineer I like this site very much...
If we say that there is only two energy band gap ie valence band and conductence and there is no othere band exist for which but in defintion of fermi...