Microconttroller to RFID

Hello, I'm new in RFID and don't know how to make RFID reader read. Can you help me ? How to RFID reader read with freerunning mode from ATMega8's command through serial ?
Note: I use RFID Kanda Starter Kit.

Replies

• Harshad Italiya
    Harshad Italiya
    I have done work on RFID Card Reader for that i was using MFRC Chip from NXP. that Chip reads the data from the card according to the command you give.
  • sciencetronot
    sciencetronot
    godfather
    I have done work on RFID Card Reader for that i was using MFRC Chip from NXP. that Chip reads the data from the card according to the command you give.
    What kind of command ? How is the format ?Can you give me example from C Language or other, please..
    Thank you for your help.
  • shahrul
    shahrul
    I have done with RFID Reader and PIC. I think it's easy, just read UART. See example c code #-Link-Snipped-#.
  • sciencetronot
    sciencetronot
    I think your RFID reader can read automatically, but in my RFID can't read like that. Maybe need kind of command from Microcontroller, isn't it ?
    or maybe there are other solutions ? Can you explain your RFID reader how your RFID can read ?
    thank you for your answer.. -senyum-
  • shahrul
    shahrul
    I see the RFID Kanda datasheet, not found any data protocol that need to send. Need to test the demo program provided. I never heard any protocol related to RFID like AT Command for GSM.

My RFID I use is straight forward. Microcontroller not need to send anything, when I touch RFID tag, the RFID reader will send RS232 Packet. [0x01 10byte-unique-number 0x02]. I just read the 10byte array.

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

is there any use of dc machine whether dc motor or dc generator?? traction use is overtake by wound rotor IM or SCIM speed control as they have most fine...
Believe it or not, the computer criminals have found a way to extract important and confidential data from a device as simple as a printer. The printer which traditionally performed...
CEans, Many of you are working on projects - for colleges or on your own. If you could share your projects with us, we'd be happy to feature them through...
Ever since personal computers were invented, I believe the most common problem all users have faced is 'Hard Disk Crash'. I thought of compiling the top reasons why a hard...
We covered BigRock a new venture by Directi founders here: BigRock.com Domain Registration, Hosting - Plans & Pricing - CrazyEngineers The site enables anyone to have a website up and...