microcontroller R,C

hai all,
my query is rather a general one.Ive seen that most microcontrollers use R,C connected in series near to the RESET button in the internal circuitry.I want to know the purpose they serve.
The answer what i know is when you press the reset button the capacitor discharges through the resistor;alternately when the microcontroller is in use capacitor charges.
Is it so?
Please clarify?

Replies

• Harshad Italiya
    Harshad Italiya
    swapnakumar
    hai all,
    my query is rather a general one.Ive seen that most microcontrollers use R,C connected in series near to the RESET button in the internal circuitry.I want to know the purpose they serve.
    The answer what i know is when you press the reset button the capacitor discharges through the resistor;alternately when the microcontroller is in use capacitor charges.
    Is it so?
    Please clarify?
    Yes You are right
  • swapnakumar
    swapnakumar
    thank you godfather

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

name: farid nazmi location: Malaysia Mechanical Engineering no work experience ( student) I join CrazyEngineers because want to increase my knowledge in engineering and share experience or information with others...
Just got a word from couple of my friends... there are some job openings for techies in Mumbai in couple of good companies. The experience level is around 3 years...
My BE is just started. I did my mini project "Microcontrollar based toll booth system". Now I want some topics that help me in big project.
Iam a 7th sem electronics and instrumentation student.We have to present a seminar as a part of our curriculum.Can u plz send me some topics dealing with latest technologies in...
​ You know, we might be inclined to disbelieve this exciting tale of derring-do if it weren't for the highly improbably heroics and ingenuity displayed by its three protagonists --...