Microcontroller interface with stepper Motor

what is the controller is to be used to operate a stepper motor ? ? when the input is a sensor ?

Replies

• Harshad Italiya
    Harshad Italiya
    #-Link-Snipped-# please be more informative in post and give proper title so you can get more replies.

Will you please give me detail about your project how you want to use Stepper motor?
    Do you want to use any specific microcontroller?
  • Abhishek Rawal
    Abhishek Rawal
    naveee
    what is the controller is to be used to operate a stepper motor ? ? when the input is a sensor ?
    L293D or ULN2803 . Select as per your use.
    I used ULN2803 & RPi for Stepper Motor.
  • aarthivg
    aarthivg
    naveee
    Can you tell us which type of stepper motor you are trying to control. And you have also mentioned that the micro controller's input is the sensor. Please also tell us the sensor
  • naveee
    naveee
    aarthivg
    Can you tell us which type of stepper motor you are trying to control. And you have also mentioned that the micro controller's input is the sensor. Please also tell us the sensor
    am not sure about the type of sensor ....may be a light sensor or ultrasonic sensor ....to sense the distance from the source
  • Abhishek Rawal
    Abhishek Rawal
    naveee
    am not sure about the type of sensor ....may be a light sensor or ultrasonic sensor ....to sense the distance from the source
    It would be even better if you enlighten your entire project.
    It's bit tough to understand what & how you wanna implement it.
  • naveee
    naveee
    Harshad Italiya
    #-Link-Snipped-# please be more informative in post and give proper title so you can get more replies.

Will you please give me detail about your project how you want to use Stepper motor?
    Do you want to use any specific microcontroller?
    that is the problem ...i don know what type of micro controller to be used for this ... details-stepper motor should rotate faster when the distance between the source and object is lesser ...a sensor is an input to sense the distance
  • Harshad Italiya
    Harshad Italiya
    naveee
    that is the problem ...i don know what type of micro controller to be used for this ... details-stepper motor should rotate faster when the distance between the source and object is lesser ...a sensor is an input to sense the distance
    That is perfect if you don't know which one to use you have many option. Grab Atmel or PIC as you will have many sample source code to start.
    As you want to use measure distance you can use Ultrasonic sensor for that.

Feel free to ask if you have any more doubt or questions.
  • Cyborg 009
    Cyborg 009
    #-Link-Snipped-#
    u can use this sharp sensor..it gives voltage proportional to distance & easy to calibrate..
    #-Link-Snipped-#

atmega16 vl suit ur requirements..programmer costs some~350-500
    Probots - Largest DIY Electronics, Robotics & Engineering Parts Buy Online Store Buy Online India
    #-Link-Snipped-#

or nxp 89v51rd2 ..It can b programmed via flashmagic & u can build d programmer urself on a general purpose pcb...just connect pc serial port via max232 to rx/tx pins of d IC..or get a usb/serial module with ttl outputs..

Keil uVision free(4k code limited) for 8051
    & Atmel studio 6 for atmega..
    as said earlier ULN2803 is perfect for stepper interface...
  • Ahsanul haque
    Ahsanul haque
    A stepper motor is a brushless DC electric motor that divides a full rotation into a number of equal steps. The motor's position can then be commanded to move and hold at one of these steps without any feedback sensor, as long as the motor is carefully sized to the application. Thanks Navee

Forum is a best place who wants to seek/gather knowledge.......

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

Now a days, most of the government exams are made as online exam. Is it a good scenario for candidate point of view. There is lot of difference between attending...
AC power transmission losses are greater than DC losses. but still we are using AC. i have read on internet that nowdays power companies are rethinking to switch to DC...
Last month, there was a rumour that Audi has planned a ‘high-roof’ MPV top hat on the A3 platform and Indianautoblog has nicknamed the car as "AUDI SPACER". Autocar UK...
I was shocked to read this story on Deccan Chronicle about a small infant named rahul who was suffering from "Spontaneous Human Combustion" where the child body emits combustible gases...
then we will not get good place in this world. As a electrical Eng we will work manually or machine command but a programmer just use one click then change...