Microcontroller Based LPG Gas Leakage Detector using GSM Module.

Project Abstract / Summary : LPG gas is supplied in pressurized steel cylinders. As this gas is
heavier than air, so when it leaks from a cylinder it flows along floor and tends to settle in low spots such as a basement. This
can cause fire or suffocation if not dealt with.

The presence of dangerous LPG leakage in the cars, service station or in the storage tank environment can be detected using the Ideal Gas Sensor which we will be using in our Project.
This LPG gas leakage detector unit can be easily integrated into a unit that can sound an alarm or give a visual suggestion of the LPG concentration.The sensor has both admirable sensitivity and rapid response time. This sensor can also be used to sense other gases like iso-butane, propane, LNG and even cigarette smoke.

The output of the sensor goes LOW as soon as the LPG sensor senses any gas leakage from the storage. This is detected by the microcontroller and the LED & buzzer is turned ON. After a delay of few milliseconds, the exhaust fan is also turned ON for throwing the gas out and it continues sending message as ‘GAS LEAKAGE’ to a mobile number which is pre-defined.

Why did you choose to work on this project topic : I chose to work on this project topic as I am quite interested in working with Microcontrollers. This topic has significance in everyday life as the presence of dangerous LPG Gas Leakage in cars, homes etc. can be detected using an Ideal Gas Sensor which we will be using in this Project. This Project has a lot of future scope in the sense that more facilities for prevention of leakage of LPG Gas could be made available in all residential areas like Hotels, Hospitals, and Industries etc. Also in future the level of LPG gas leakage can be reduced by using Cs2 gas
which will neutralize the value of LPG gas.

Project Category : Electrical / Electronics / Communication
------------------------------------------------------
Institute/College Name: Krishna Institute of Engineering and Technology Ghaziabad
City: Ghaziabad
State: Uttar Pradesh
Participating Team From: Final Year

Replies

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

Senss Technologies have concocted a hardware solution for two way call recording called Bluewire. The Bluewire Bluetooth call recorder is not just a standalone Bluetooth headset but it also allows...
Greetings of the day to the brains who did/do/will be doing automation projects. I want to ask, from where you but the tools required for your project work? Online or...
Hi There, I have been in the industry for 6+ years as a .net developer. Somehow I always wanted change my career as I am not a programmer by heart....
Project Abstract / Summary : Abstract Whenever a hot fluid, like steam flows through a pipe from the place of generation to the point of use , there will be...
I am currently in the 3 rd year BE..planning to change to Computer Science in MS..I have a lot of questions and am confused..1)What kind of jobs does one get...