micro processors history

hi friends,
i am here with my second concept here in this thread i came with the history of the micro processors
let us first know what is micro processor
microprocessor is an IC chip with the logics and it is known as heart of the computer
it was discovered in 1960's and 1970's
in 1971 intel designed its first processor called as 4004
it is a 4bit processor we can know it seeing its name 4004 it is a 4 bit
next motorolla and many companies came into existence and then due to competitions intel introduced its 8008 processor it is a 8 bit processor it was introduced around 1972
later 8008 was came into its decay by 8080 processor it is also a 8 bit processor with a good performance capacity and higher compability over 8008
next motorolla given its 6800 processor
next intel also given its 16 bit processors 8086 and 8085 here intel came with the x86 family with a high memory up to my knowledge 8086 has the 1Mb of storage and between many capacities of segments like stack etc.....,
later many processors came into existence and we are using 64 bit processors too like i3,i7 etc..,
with higher memory capabilities and with higher os running capabilities like windows7,vista,xp etc.......,

if i had made any mistakes correct me because i am still in the studying about processors and discuss about them in this thread
this thread is dedicated to discuss about microprocessors

Replies

• lovejeet
    lovejeet
    nice.........
    1) if a microprocessor is 16 bit, that means it has 16 data lines..........
    2) if a microprocessor has 20 address lines, that means it can access 2^20= 1Mb of data at a time....
    correct me if i m wrong........
  • narayana murthy
    narayana murthy
    lovejeet
    nice.........
    1) if a microprocessor is 16 bit, that means it has 16 data lines..........
    2) if a microprocessor has 20 address lines, that means it can access 2^20= 1Mb of data at a time....
    correct me if i m wrong........
    your right but post these type of questions and answers in below link

#-Link-Snipped-#

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

Hello CEans. I found this information on some site. And I wanna share it with you.😀 How does Google know everything about you? They don’t. Google only knows your public...
hey friends we are lisning many people giving there statements regarding improving our country why cant we give them here is mine "give me some hands of supports i will...
I just want to share this to you. The Philippine National Proverb Translated into various Philippine languages... With over 168 mutually unintelligible languages, the Philippines is a country of incredible...
:smile:friends I'm thinking of doing a project in wireless electricity. I'm seeking your help my friends please help me...
Hello all, I always used to wonder what engine is like.I basically didn't knew that an Engine may contain more than one piston cylinder arrangement.But its actually fun. We normally...