View Feed
group-icon
Coffee Room
Discuss anything here - everything that you wish to discuss with fellow engineers.
12921 Members
Join this group to post and comment.
Duppa
Duppa • Dec 9, 2016

Metering on The HT side

Hello,

I am aware of substations that are with and without metering on the High Voltage side.
Is anyone aware of any applicable code regarding this? Metering should be compulsory in my opinion, but then I see systems up and running without this.
Also - another side - Even if metering is done, appropriate control system should be in place. Mere metering is not effective. So what this protection system should be?

- Duppa
Duppa
Hello,

I am aware of substations that are with and without metering on the High Voltage side.
Is anyone aware of any applicable code regarding this? Metering should be compulsory in my opinion, but then I see systems up and running without this.
Also - another side - Even if metering is done, appropriate control system should be in place. Mere metering is not effective. So what this protection system should be?

- Duppa
I think CT'S(CURRENT TRANSFORMER) nd PT's (Potential transformers) are there for metering. on HV as well as LV side
Duppa
Duppa • Dec 11, 2016
I agree with your reply. What kind of protection devices we have to use in case of a 22KV/415V step down transformer - Both on LT side and HT side.
Current is 1500 Amps...
Any professional working in the field here....??
Also can anyone provide me names/links to other forums related to electrical where I can try out my questions.... I know one Electrical Technology...that has been good so far.
Duppa
I agree with your reply. What kind of protection devices we have to use in case of a 22KV/415V step down transformer - Both on LT side and HT side.
Current is 1500 Amps...
Any professional working in the field here....??
Also can anyone provide me names/links to other forums related to electrical where I can try out my questions.... I know one Electrical Technology...that has been good so far.
usually the power lines either HV or LV which are connected to transformers from outside are connected through the "Circuit Breakers" ie.: Vaccum CB, OIL CB, Air Blast, SF6... for inside the transformer there are many differential Protective Relays ....

If you need more info about protection check out this book : "SWITCH GEAR AND PROTECTION" by JB Gupta or Mehta or U.A.Bakshi, M.V.Bakshi..... and you can go through this "electrical4u.com"

Share this content on your social channels -