Metering on The HT side

Hello,

I am aware of substations that are with and without metering on the High Voltage side.
Is anyone aware of any applicable code regarding this? Metering should be compulsory in my opinion, but then I see systems up and running without this.
Also - another side - Even if metering is done, appropriate control system should be in place. Mere metering is not effective. So what this protection system should be?

- Duppa

Replies

• Abhishek Havanur
    Abhishek Havanur
    Duppa
    Hello,

I am aware of substations that are with and without metering on the High Voltage side.
    Is anyone aware of any applicable code regarding this? Metering should be compulsory in my opinion, but then I see systems up and running without this.
    Also - another side - Even if metering is done, appropriate control system should be in place. Mere metering is not effective. So what this protection system should be?

- Duppa
    I think CT'S(CURRENT TRANSFORMER) nd PT's (Potential transformers) are there for metering. on HV as well as LV side
  • Duppa
    Duppa
    I agree with your reply. What kind of protection devices we have to use in case of a 22KV/415V step down transformer - Both on LT side and HT side.
    Current is 1500 Amps...
    Any professional working in the field here....??
    Also can anyone provide me names/links to other forums related to electrical where I can try out my questions.... I know one Electrical Technology...that has been good so far.
  • Abhishek Havanur
    Abhishek Havanur
    Duppa
    I agree with your reply. What kind of protection devices we have to use in case of a 22KV/415V step down transformer - Both on LT side and HT side.
    Current is 1500 Amps...
    Any professional working in the field here....??
    Also can anyone provide me names/links to other forums related to electrical where I can try out my questions.... I know one Electrical Technology...that has been good so far.
    usually the power lines either HV or LV which are connected to transformers from outside are connected through the "Circuit Breakers" ie.: Vaccum CB, OIL CB, Air Blast, SF6... for inside the transformer there are many differential Protective Relays ....

If you need more info about protection check out this book : "SWITCH GEAR AND PROTECTION" by JB Gupta or Mehta or U.A.Bakshi, M.V.Bakshi..... and you can go through this "electrical4u.com"

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

What component is responsible for the breath of air in automobile engine and how..?
I am a 7th sem student in A.K.T.U. Due to some problems I failed to appear in an exam. What will happen? Will I get any grace marks? I already...
can someone give me advice about the code for this project this is my sample code int r1 = 1;// pin for the LED int g1 = 2; int r2...
My name is Doug. I am not an engineer. If either of those statements disqualifies me from being a member here, please tell me. If there is a more appropriate...
With an Amara Raja Amaron Tribal UPS/Inverter 1400va/24v and with a connected load of 365 watts I need a back up for 4 hours. I have 2X12 V 150ah batteries....