mesage limit

please remove the ridiculous 50 character limit

damn i cant even post a 1 line message here ... what is this its absoluetly ridiculous 😑

Replies

• Kaustubh Katdare
    Kaustubh Katdare
    no_atkt
    please remove the ridiculous 50 character limit

damn i cant even post a 1 line message here ... what is this its absoluetly ridiculous 😑
    Sure, but there is a problem. How would you restrict spam which is something like - "hieeee...."

-The Big K-
  • no_atkt
    no_atkt
    . hieeee.
  • no_atkt
    no_atkt
    ^^ so much for ur character limitations

hieee adds upto not more than 5 characters and here u have 50 .... iv seen forums with 10 for replies damn 50 is too much, reduce it to 10
  • Kaustubh Katdare
    Kaustubh Katdare
    no_atkt
    ^^ so much for ur character limitations

hieee adds upto not more than 5 characters and here u have 50 .... iv seen forums with 10 for replies damn 50 is too much, reduce it to 10
    Decision of setting the 50 character limit wasn't taken at the spur of the moment. Don't go by the count of letters. Its an effective method of preventing spam (as we have realized). Of course, we need to hear what other CEans have to say about the limit. We haven't received even a single complaint against the 50 character limit ever since it was introduced.

If majority of CEans feel that 50 character limit should be removed, we will remove it.

-The Big K-
  • no_atkt
    no_atkt
    dude how about starting a poll and seeing how many people actually vote ... if out of 5 3 dont say anything 1 doesnt post and 1 complains doesnt mean every1 is agreeing to something ... start a poll then we will see ... and i showed u that it can be by passed easily ... no big deal .... reduce it makes more sense πŸ˜‰
  • Kaustubh Katdare
    Kaustubh Katdare
    no_atkt
    dude how about starting a poll and seeing how many people actually vote ... if out of 5 3 dont say anything 1 doesnt post and 1 complains doesnt mean every1 is agreeing to something ... start a poll then we will see ... and i showed u that it can be by passed easily ... no big deal .... reduce it makes more sense πŸ˜‰
    Read my earlier post. The decision to introduce 50 character limit was introduced because we started getting lot of spam. I'm not convinced that 50 characters is a big threshold. Remember, we aren't here to build another social networking website where people just say 'Hi' or 'Thank you' for the heck of it; and I hope you also appreciate our motive.

I encourage you to read our Common Sense Guide, especially CCS#3 available here - CrazyEngineers

No further discussions on this.

-The Big K-
  • MaRo
    MaRo
    Remove Remove Remove Remove!

Allow spam, it attracts members, by the time nobody will spam
  • Rocker
    Rocker
    Re: mesage limit - its okay !

MaRo
    Remove Remove Remove Remove!

Allow spam, it attracts members, by the time nobody will spam
    Allow spam to attract members? 😑 NO ! Please NO ! I have absolutely no problem with the limit. I think being SPAM free is our USP. What is the problem with character limit?? πŸ˜’ I don't see any reason. this thread is ridiculous. close it.
  • Elisa
    Elisa
    haha everyone is spamming on this thread. The limit is ok. People are after the post count, I think.
  • Kaustubh Katdare
    Kaustubh Katdare
    Very soon, we will bring down the limit to 10 ( I hope no problems with it) . πŸ˜€

Enjoy!

-The Big K-
  • Kaustubh Katdare
    Kaustubh Katdare
    The limit is now reduced to 10 characters. Now don't spam 😁

-The Big K-
  • xheavenlyx
    xheavenlyx
    1 2 3 like so?
  • xheavenlyx
    xheavenlyx
    Hiiiiiiiiii
  • Kaustubh Katdare
    Kaustubh Katdare
    xheavenlyx
    Hiiiiiiiiii
    The message limit can be pushed back to 50 in a jiffy & believe me, its fun.

-The Big K-
  • xheavenlyx
    xheavenlyx
    I would have totally vouched for the 50 limit. The problem is with reduced number, people think its ok to reply a post without even reading it!

As I have seen, some will just reply a line, which allows them to escape reading the whole post. Forums are to exchange information and ideas. Not to debunk information with one liners.

And you, Biggie have seen it clearly happening.
  • Kaustubh Katdare
    Kaustubh Katdare
    xheavenlyx
    I would have totally vouched for the 50 limit. The problem is with reduced number, people think its ok to reply a post without even reading it!

As I have seen, some will just reply a line, which allows them to escape reading the whole post. Forums are to exchange information and ideas. Not to debunk information with one liners.

And you, Biggie have seen it clearly happening.
    Well, I agree. Of course we will monitor if that happens. As I said 50 character limit had helped us reduce the spam to a great extent. Let's give a try to 10 character limit for few days, if it works out fine, it remains; if not, we go back to 50.

😁

-The Big K-
  • xheavenlyx
    xheavenlyx
    Thats good.
  • no_atkt
    no_atkt
    whether the limit is revised or not it is good that big k is ready to atleast try out suggestions from his members ... πŸ˜€πŸ˜Ž
  • Kaustubh Katdare
    Kaustubh Katdare
    no_atkt
    whether the limit is revised or not it is good that big k is ready to atleast try out suggestions from his members ... πŸ˜€πŸ˜Ž
    Thanks for that, atkt 😁 . 'Don't be a weasel' - that's how we operate.

-The Big K-

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

CEans, We have updated our system. Hopefully everything should work just fine. But there might be bugs. If you find any bug/error/abnormal behavior while browsing the forum, please report it...
Hello All ! I am starting a competition - Coolest Avatar Competition 😁 Please confirm your entry by posting your reply in this thread & explain why your avatar is...
Some extracts from BBC (Click Here)The United States government has issued 150 yoga-related copyrights, 134 patents on yoga accessories and 2,315 yoga trademarks. There’s big money in those pretzel twists...
Posting the article 'Weakening Dollar' on behalf of CEan - KGV -------------------------------------------------------------- Recently the dollar prices fell by some considerable amount with respect to most of the currencies. Here in...
Hello Crazyengineers, I am a student in communications and electronics departement,cairo university,Egypt. I am seeking a summer training for july 2007 anywhere in the world. So please if any one...