Meru Cabs App On Android & iOS For Radio Taxi Service In India

Meru Cabs, the India based radio cab service, has recently launched a mobile booking app for both Google Android and Apple iPhone devices. The Meru Cabs App download is now available on their Web site. The radio taxi service of this company is currently functioning in five Indian cities, namely - Mumbai, Delhi, Hyderabad, Bengaluru, and Jaipur. Meru Cabs online booking was already in place and now with the addition of the app service, the company is going to build a name of its own in the country. So, what are the key features of this app? There are multiple. Let us take a look at them one by one.

Users of the Meru Cabs apps have the convenience of selection of pickup address through Map: Based on GPS/GPRS location services, Home/Office tabs, from amongst previous 5 bookings through ‘Nearby’ tab and more. Same goes for the selection of drop location. Once the cab is assigned, real time tracking of cab on the map with estimated distance and time of arrival. Call the chauffeur directly from the App. Post trip users can start real-time route information on map with estimated time of arrival to destination. Upon ending the trip, the app gives you the ability to rate the service and get an e-receipt for the trip.

There are of course the very popular push notifications for various alerts like booking confirmation, cab & chauffeur details, rating the services etc. Siddhartha Pahwa, CEO, Meru cabs, said, "As the largest radio cab operator, with over 6,000 cabs in five cities, we continue to stamp a firm footprint across the country. The Meru Cab phone app will make the booking process more convenient, personalised, efficient and quicker for our customers."

Screen Shot 2013-08-16 at 4.15.05 PM

Screen Shot 2013-08-16 at 4.18.57 PM Screen Shot 2013-08-16 at 4.19.17 PM Screen Shot 2013-08-16 at 4.19.29 PM Screen Shot 2013-08-16 at 4.19.51 PM
And last but not the least, there's an option for emergency alert called the ICE (In Case of Emergency), which can be used even when user has not booked a Meru cab or travelling in Meru. Once the user saves the number of a family member or a friend, this feature can be used to trigger an emergency buzzer on family member’s phones in case of emergency situations. They will also receive an SMS with location details of the user and see the location of user on the map. You can check some of the screenshots above.

Nilesh Sangoi, CTO, Meru Cabs, stated, "At Meru Cabs, we are dedicated towards providing a superior travel experience enabled by state-of-the-art technology. Our technology is solely focused on customer satisfaction by providing a safe, efficient, comfortable and world class experience to our customers."

Source: Meru Cabs- Local, Rental, Outs - Apps on Google Play | #-Link-Snipped-#

Replies

• Ankita Katdare
    Ankita Katdare
    Anyone here from Mumbai, Delhi, Hyderabad, Bengaluru or Jaipur, who would like to give this mobile app a try and share the review with us?
  • Saandeep Sreerambatla
    Saandeep Sreerambatla
    Can you give me some more info on which company is the one who did this app ?

I see a company called AppThrusts working on the same app but i dont know for which services they are doing.
  • Ankita Katdare
    Ankita Katdare
    English-Scared
    Can you give me some more info on which company is the one who did this app ?

I see a company called AppThrusts working on the same app but i dont know for which services they are doing.
    Looks like it isn't very well known in Hyderabad, or is it? The company's name is Meru Cabs. The official website for the app - #-Link-Snipped-#
  • Saandeep Sreerambatla
    Saandeep Sreerambatla
    Oops I know meru cabs , its well known only. I just got carried away with the information I had.. Sorry about that!!
    I was assuming that Merucabs outsourced their product to be developed by someone else. Thanks for the link 😀
  • Nayan Goenka
    Nayan Goenka
    This App has really redefined the cab service approach. The features are just excellent and make a hell of an imprint on app development prowess. This app contains everything which a standard app for a cab service can do. Well thought Meru 😀
  • Sarathkumar Chandrasekaran
    Sarathkumar Chandrasekaran
    All these features are allready out except the fact that they are launching a app for android.There are numerous companies giving same features and a website to book cab.
    In tamilnadu a company named "Namma Auto" also provides same features .Only the app launching move gives a slight edge to the merucabs.

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

The Hyundai Elantra facelift 2014 is here. The company has revealed the official images of the revamped Hyundai Elantra 2014. It's covers recently went off in South Korea. To be...
hi friends i have faced three interview and oops concepts are asked there with the real life example and implement in coding. i told them all concept theoretically but could...
It is difficult to render cloth accurately in presentations, especially if it is textured, shiny, multicolored or self patterned. Google software engineer Iman Sadegi seems to have solved this by...
which is the best efficient and rate less weathering course available?
Well all you folks out there who have started your own businesses or are planning on starting one, should take a look at this page. HostGator and Google have combined...