MemSQL Becomes World's Fastest Database; Executes 80,000 Queries Per Second

MemSQL is a venture of two Facebook developers Eric Frenkiel and Nikita Shamgunov. They have created an all new database called 'MemSQL' and have termed it as the world’s fastest. In a video put up by the team, they have shown that their database can execute 80,000 queries per second, which is too fast as compared MySQL that executes 3,500 queries per second. The duo have put their knowledge acquired while coping with massive traffic and growth as Facebook developers to good use and created a SQL code that gets translated into C++ without the need of a slow SQL interpreter. MemSQL is completely memory-based. It writes back to disk/SSD as soon as the transaction is acknowledged in memory, and achieves data security by using a combination of write-ahead logging and snapshotting.

[​IMG]

MemSQL runs on 64-bit Linux and is great for multi-core processor machines with at least 8 GB of RAM. Moreover, MemSQL is fully compatible with MySQL, if connected together they can handle terabyte-scale workloads. For engineering teams who need a lightning fast database, the developer edition is free forever but limited to 10 GB in capacity and can be downloaded #-Link-Snipped-#.

Do check out the video here -

Replies

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

Parkinson's disease is a degenerative disorder of the central nervous system. Currently there is no cure for this condition with  no advanced methods for diagnosis available. As a measure, Mathematician ...
This Nokia Air video got leaked. It talks of a service about cloud storage from Nokia that allows you to store all your data and applications at one place and...
HTC on Monday officially launched its Desire C mid-range smartphone for Rs. 14,999 in the Indian markets. Expected to attract the booming music loving section of the crowd, the phone...
“How I wish I could read people’s minds…” I’m sure this thought would have crossed most of your minds. Now, that is so close to realization, thanks to the efforts...
Box OneCloud has been opened today for Android. OneCloud was released for iOS in late March this year. Users quickly adopted Box OneCloud and developers started showing increasing interest in...