Medicool+1 Advance Operation Theatre

Project Abstract / Summary : MEDICOOL +1 ADVANCE O.T. is the first of its kind ,in which a window air conditioning unit is used , along with typical ducting , to maintain the indoor air quality(IAQ) . As its name suggests MEDICOOL +1ADVANCE O.T. is specially designed for operation theatres in hospitals where provision of fresh air supply is absent.

The American Society of Heating Refrigeration and Air Conditioning Engineers (ASHRAE) suggest that there should be minimum 15 air change per hour (ACH) for the operation theatres. So that the surgical site infections (SSIs) could be minimized.

This facility in India is provided by hospitals in major cities only, which have a centralised air conditioning system.

The motive behind developing MEDICOOL+1 is to provide fresh air supply to operation theatre of the hospitals which are situated in rural areas or small towns of India.

And the +1 of this air conditioning system is its energy recovery wheel which is installed in the fresh air handling unit. This almost cuts the energy requirements up to 40 %.

Why did you choose to work on this project topic : Well , i have done my training in HVAC design and drafting , during my training i get to know that there is a requirement of 25 air change per hour in an operation theatre or intensive care unit of a hospital. The centralized air conditioning system installed in a hospital serve this purpose. But when it come to the operation theatres of rural government rum hospitals, this facility is not provides. My project is dedicated to supply 25 air change in a operation theatre with using a centralised air-conditioning system.

Project Highlights : My project is innovative, and designed in adherence with all the standard guidelines of this domain. I have also applied for its patent last year and my project was the finalist of Empresario-2016 , a competition organized by IIT kharagpur.

Project Category : Mechanical / Automobile / Aeronautical
------------------------------------------------------
Institute/College Name: Galaxy Global Group of Institutions
City: Ambala
State: Haryana
Participating Team From: Final Year

Replies

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

Hi Sir, I have been working as an APPS DBA for 3.5 years. Now I want to change my stream to coding. I have no experience in coding but fair...
As per the latest discovery, the universal energy cycle might get another entity in their structure, which however is not a living being. A group of scientists from the McGill...
Scientists from MIT have designed a scalable quantum computer which finds prime factors in real time. Owing to this latest technology, encryption schemes might experience a significant boost. Factoring large...
The UK based sports car Company McLaren Automotive has recently announced the “Track 22” Six-year business plan which hints at a possible electric hybrid car from McLaren to be launched...
While other electronics manufacturers try their best to keep the details of their upcoming projects under wraps, Sony Corporation has decided to go another way. The company today announced a...