Mechanics of gravity on the moon

Does someone on the moon fall at 1/6th of the speed on earth or at 2/5ths of the speed?

This has caused much more debate than I anticipated, so I wrote this vb app to prove it one way or another.

#-Link-Snipped-# (executable program)
#-Link-Snipped-# (source code)

What do you think?

Replies

• JonathanAinsley
    JonathanAinsley
    hmmm

93 views but only 4 visitors.
    probably apprehensive about downloading the app, or dont have the time.

I would urge others who can do so to write themselves a similar application.

It is vital that one observes the difference between two objects dropped : one under lunar gravity, the other under earth gravity.

Then observe the difference between two similar objects that JUMP : one on the moon and one on the earth.

It is quite a remarkable insight comparing the 4 examples. Quite remarkable indeed!!!
  • JonathanAinsley
    JonathanAinsley
    bump
    bump
    bump
  • jackjp01
    jackjp01
    Using the constant acceleration eq: v^2 = vo^2 + 2a(x - xo) if you begin the fall with zero velocity and also call the initial x reference zero then the equation reduces to v = sqrt(2gx) for earth and v = sqrt(1/3 gx) for the moon. The ratio of v on earth to v on the moon reduces to sqrt(6) which is approximately 2.45. So when falling from the same distance on both the earth and the moon, the person willing be falling 2.45 times faster on earth than on the moon (at the same relative x position).
  • JonathanAinsley
    JonathanAinsley
    Falling = 2.5~ x difference

Jumping = 6 x difference

now see the video
    Jumping on the moon at double speed - YouTube

now download the app
    #-Link-Snipped-#

then laugh at the fake moon landings

😎
  • JonathanAinsley
    JonathanAinsley
    Japan̢۪s Kaguya lunar orbiter took several pictures of the site, where Apollo 15 and Apollo 17 supposedly landed in 1971 and 1972. If the astronauts had ever landed there, they should have left a lot of equipment on the site, including the rovers, on which they traveled on the surface of the Earth̢۪s satellite. The pictures, which the Japanese rover took, showed not even the slightest hint of the US presence on the Moon.

click this link
    #-Link-Snipped-#

[​IMG]
    where are the wheel tracks?

astonishing how people repeat what they have been taught without actually thinking about it

speed is measured as distance over time
    not time over distance damn it!

now click this link
    #-Link-Snipped-#

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

Hi all, Where to find and how to import the Orcad Pspice model of LTC4088EDE?
i am not getting the graph in 3ds max when i run the application please help me.😕
hii...i'm mech engg. student n rite now m in final year Plls do suggest me bout a mini project in automobiles....
In this article, we'll elaborate on the basic differences between transistor and an op-amp.
I'm still having some trouble understanding the scale that my encoder uses. The datasheet for the encoder is found at this website: https://test.maxonmotor.com/docsx/Download/catalog_2005/Pdf/05_235_e.pdf The datasheet for the motor I'm using...