Mechanical group study.

I have heard that electrical and civil sections of this forum have started with a group study thread.I believe we should also start similar thread. Why don't we discuss about basics of mechanical engineering?
I think we have the liberty to start various threads. So we will write about various topics in other threads and will share our experiences about these things in this thread.
What say everyone?

Replies

• ISHAN TOPRE
    ISHAN TOPRE
    Hey come on people! Where are awesome mechanical people? Please share your work experience!
  • ISHAN TOPRE
    ISHAN TOPRE
    OK ,I will set the ball rolling.
    Can we discuss about powder metallurgy? I am having a question about how to increase the life of self lubricated bearing?
  • ISHAN TOPRE
    ISHAN TOPRE
    I have posted something about compression molding, Transfer molding and plastic injection molding. Comeon! people let's discuss about it.
  • ISHAN TOPRE
    ISHAN TOPRE
    Hi I have written about Cameras. Anyone got interest?
  • ISHAN TOPRE
    ISHAN TOPRE
    I have written about engines. Can we discuss it?
  • ISHAN TOPRE
    ISHAN TOPRE
    I have written about valves in an engine. What say?
  • mech. royal
    mech. royal
    can u differenciate between a truck and a train engine...............................real difference..............
  • mech. royal
    mech. royal
    moulding is a nice topic........ but can u tell us why we are using organicbimder in the case of core...????????
  • ISHAN TOPRE
    ISHAN TOPRE
    Yes Mech.royal,

I had done a little bit of study about engines. I found that mostly diesel engines are used both in truck and train. Initially a steam engine was used.
    See for reference #-Link-Snipped-#

In short the fuel is injected (sprayed) and then it gets ignited in case of a diesel engine. Personally I don't feel there is any difference in a truck or train engine. Only difference may be size and shape. Thought I haven't seen it personally with my eyes. So I am finding difficult to comment. Anyways correct me if I am wrong anywhere. Because I am still in learning stage. 😀
  • ISHAN TOPRE
    ISHAN TOPRE
    mech. royal
    moulding is a nice topic........ but can u tell us why we are using organicbimder in the case of core...????????
    I think you are talking in context of Pattern making and foundry.

There are 3 types of binders
    1.Those which harden at room temperature,
    2.Those which require baking to harden and
    3.Clays.
    The commercial binders commonly used are cereals, dextrine, resins, molasses, protein, oils, and sulfite-liquor.

Thermosetting binders which according to me are artificial impart the core with high strength, collapsibility, and resistance to moisture absorption.

While the natural binders are used because they are easily available in nature and does not require any special treatment. Hence easy to use.
    The better results can be obtained by man made binders but it is used only if we wants very high precision and very high quality. Which is rarely the case.

Hence we use organic or natural binders. 😀
  • mech. royal
    mech. royal
    i think we use more cylinder in case of train engine.thats why we can carry so much of "bogies".but we still carry small wt. as comparing to train from a truck...................but actual thing is that i m not satisfy with this answer thats why i ask......................
  • mech. royal
    mech. royal
    any one intersted in fluid mechanics....... and thermodynamics..
  • ShrinkDWorld
    ShrinkDWorld
    hey please start the new topic for difference in "Train & truck diesel engine" I want full deference also provide some pictures..
    please anyone do it.
  • mech. royal
    mech. royal
    ok lets discuss about diesel engine.........

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

I was try it when I boot from installation cd after copying all files window flashing you cant install because drive is not found. I think due to drivers is...
Hello All, My name is Abhishek,working on SOA testing.I am using Automation tool like Parasoft SOAtest and i have knowledge on other automation tools also.I just want to know the...
We've discussed this topic many times, but haven't really laid out 'what to do'. So here are few things you can do - 1. Comment on existing discussions. You should...
Magic squares are nothing but where row,column and diagonal sums are constant for e.g enter odd number say 9 then you will get the output as magic square as follows...
May i know what is a control word in a small program in 8051? for example, WHAT IS A CONTROL WORD IN ADDING TO 8 BIT NUMBERS?