Mechanical engineering design field

sir,
i am mechanical student and i am going to design field after my btech...
Please tell me what do i have to learn for that...i mean like AUTOCAD., how many are there,,? to get learn basics in design field....
Few days back one of our lecturares said that ,'you all should learn mechanical softwares, like autocad,,it is the basic in course.....and also so many are there..wheather you are going to design you should learn those..'
so please tell me what those are...give me some awarness about those....and suggest me what to do...i am going to design field after my btech...tell me is it have better future or not...

Replies

• zaveri
    zaveri
    you have to learn atleast autocadd, pro-e, ansys and matlab.

you can learn this from the CADD centre in your locality.
  • white_hat
    white_hat
    Autocad is usually used for 2D designs, you should be good with this because it is easier to develop 3D designs from 2D drawings.After finishing with autocad you can chosse any from catia, solidworks or pro-e. catia and soildworks is easier to learn, pro-e is complex and difficult to learn but i advice you to choose pro-e because it is much more capable than other software.You can start your design career with these software , then if you are interested you can do ansys which is an analysis software.
  • itsmesanthugowda
    itsmesanthugowda
    first finish off with your engineering degree.... strong basics will lead you to the easiest paths in learning pro-e,uni-graphics......

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

Hi all, I was wondering if there is any free tool which would compare two databases for differences in schemas and data content of tables and stored procedures, functions and...
Is MPPT Of Solar Energy A Good Topic On Major Project Basis??
Am doing my mini project ie fabrication.. suggest me some in mechanism inversions to do it easily i.e fabricate easily ???
Hi, My project is face recognition.i want search a image by train subfloders.i have attached my coding.In where i have to modify to that code(searching a image in train subfloder)...
Hello! I am Jacob A. Ziama, I hold a B.sc. Degree in civil engineering from the Stella Maris Polytechnic in monrovia since 2012. I currently work for Firestone Liberia as...