Mechanical Engineering Advice - Where?

If I need some software re-written or a new scripts done, there are plenty of sites like Odesk, VWorker, Scriptlance etc.

But where would I go if I wanted some advice or even drawings for special purpose machinery (book packaging)

Do such sites exist?

Replies

• Ramani Aswath
    Ramani Aswath
    Emanresu
    But where would I go if I wanted some advice or even drawings for special purpose machinery (book packaging) Do such sites exist?
    Unlikely to exist. These are niche areas. SPM design requires special design for a small user base. Expensive. I doubt if anyone will give away the IPR free.
  • Emanresu
    Emanresu
    The sites quoted are where you go to pay for advice so the IPR would be paid for.

But as you suggest, SPM is a very narrow area.

If I was to break it down into units e.g. barcode scanning to identify the product, weight checking, dimension checking, transport systems, packaging selection etc - would there be any sites that might be able to answer the specific questions?
  • Ramani Aswath
    Ramani Aswath
    Emanresu
    The sites quoted are where you go to pay for advice so the IPR would be paid for.

But as you suggest, SPM is a very narrow area.

If I was to break it down into units e.g. barcode scanning to identify the product, weight checking, dimension checking, transport systems, packaging selection etc - would there be any sites that might be able to answer the specific questions?
    Would any of these give some pointers?

#-Link-Snipped-#

#-Link-Snipped-#

#-Link-Snipped-#

#-Link-Snipped-#

#-Link-Snipped-##-Link-Snipped-#

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

Check out the small talk here: Jacque Fresco – Re-engineering The World With ‘The Venus Project’ - CrazyEngineers Looking forward to your comments in this thread.
Things To Think About (And Do) In 2011
I want to develop a simple chat client in java and doesnt know where to begin from .i just know threading concepts amnd core java only but have capability to...
From time to time many revolutionary technologies life span gets over. Telephone, Typewriter, Cassette Player, Walkman, Pager.... List is endless. What you think are the things that we use today...
Hi this is vamshi from warangal,Andhra Pradesh,INDIA.I recently entered in an unimaginable world i.e nthg but ENGINEERING.I need some engineer's as my friend's.I hope that many people in this network...