Measurement of Laser-Induced Mass Removal Using Shock Wave Imaging

Hendijanifard, M., Willis, D.A., “Measurement of Laser-Induced Mass Removal Using Shock Wave Imaging”, Proceedings of the ALAC, 2009 (Presented at Advanced Laser Applications Conference, September, 2009).

Hendijanifard ALAC2009.pdf
#-Link-Snipped-#

Abstract
This paper explains an experimental technique for estimating the amount of material removed during laser ablation. The
technique uses transient measurements of the laser-induced blast wave and an energy balance model to determine the quantity of mass
removed. Aluminum films of 200 nm thickness deposited on glass substrate are used for this investigation. The experimental setup
consists of an Nd:YAG laser with 1064 nm wavelength and 7 ns pulse duration (FWHM) which is synchronized with a short pulse
illumination laser used for shadowgraph imaging to measure shock positions. A N2 laser pumped dye laser at 500 nm wavelength with
a 3 ns pulse duration (FWHM) is used for shadowgraph illumination, allowing nanosecond time resolution. Shock wave positions as a
function of time are curve-fit to the Taylor-Sedov spherical blast wave solution to determine blast energy. Using an energy balance
model to estimate the amount of vaporized material, it is shown that the mass removal is accurately predicted for laser fluences greater
than 6.5J/cm2.

Replies

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

Hendijanifard, M., Willis, D.A., “Phase Explosion and Marangoni Flow Effects during Laser Micromachining of Thin Metal Films”, Proceedings of the SPIE, Vol. 6879, (Presented at Photonics West Conference, January, 2008)....
hi, i am an ECE student ,currently in my 2nd year.I am confused about my future options whether to do an MBA/M.TECH/MS(in india or abroad) though i am inclined towards...
FreeFixer Version: 0.45 File Size: 740 License: Free FreeFixer is a general purpose removal tool which will help you to delete potentially unwanted software, such as adware, spyware, trojans, viruses...
if you want to test your already existing skills or want to learn new skills, CISCO has come up with nice games. I remember I have already mentioned about these...
Hello, I am unable to delete the folders named like 7a739c8a9bfe463a530c65 in my D drive. I think these are temp folders created during Windows Update.But now when I try to...