MBA Question/Answer: Describe instances where you demonstrated leadership and team building skills

A definite question in either your application form or the interview. The MBA panel loves to know if you are able to demonstrate some kind of leadership skills in your work experience so far or any event in the college life. Questions such as these: Describe instances where you demonstrated leadership and team building skills, are then apparent on your admission/application for or as a part of the personal interview.

How would you relate incidents in real life to showcase your leadership and teamwork skills in the best possible way? What's the best way to answer such questions? Shoot in the replies.

Replies

• Sunny Kichloo
    Sunny Kichloo
    Firstly if he/she is Fresher then they can obviously give leadership example from there College Days.Like if they have managed any College Festival or was in-charge of any event.Give example of what they have learned from those events and how they manged there role successfully.

Secondly if they are experienced professional then they can share there work experience like Managing a Team,Successful Completion of Project this will easily demonstrate there leadership and Management Skills.
  • Ankita Katdare
    Ankita Katdare
    #-Link-Snipped-# Totally agree with you. I just have one question, don't you think that the panel there gets atleast 100s of applicants who more-or-less describe the same in their response? How or what would you add to differentiate yourself from others? How could someone highlight their skills?
  • Koushal Patel
    Koushal Patel
    Ankita Katdare
    #-Link-Snipped-# Totally agree with you. I just have one question, don't you think that the panel there gets atleast 100s of applicants who more-or-less describe the same in their response? How or what would you add to differentiate yourself from others? How could someone highlight their skills?
    I strongly believe that, Organizing events in schools/colleges require team skills far more than leadership skills. (i may be wrong, Please correct me if I am) Everyone pitches in their efforts in the best possible manner happily they can do. Yes, natural leader(s) come(s) up who take(s) various initiatives/throws random ideas.

So, if someone facing a panel does not have a "leader tag", they can proudly share the experience as a team member and an active idea-producer. This would make panel feel and agree that, candidate do possess those idea-producive-idea-generative brain which is no lesser than a leader's. ๐Ÿ˜€๐Ÿ˜€

Genuine answer spoken with a confident attitude always works!! (In most of the cases ๐Ÿ˜‰)
  • Sunny Kichloo
    Sunny Kichloo
    @#-Link-Snipped-#

Organizing Events requires leadership also sometimes apart from all the skills that you have mentioned.Everyone has his own Skills and Qualities,things they are presenting should be genuine and to the point.

Do agree with you in Genuine answer spoken with a confident attitude always works!!

#-Link-Snipped-#

As mentioned above You have to be genuine and obviously there will be similarities in things you have done ,It always depends on you how you make your Interview different from others by telling them there experiences from the past and there will be very less cases in which these examples are also same for many candidate ๐Ÿ˜€

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

We got together last evening and had a great time. Hope that we'll have an all India meet soon ๐Ÿ˜‰
In countless dumb movies and mindless television programs, all of us have witnessed at some point of time that the characters undergo plastic surgery to look 'exactly' like someone else....
Values are known to change with time and region. These values are often the building blocks of how an entire generation perceives and pursues things. What kind of decisions they...
I am trying to install Raspberry Pi cross-compiler in my machine. Successfully done first part. Yippie!! But still I am unable to compile programs. After research I found that I...
A team of engineers from the National University of Singapore are working on developing underwater robots that look just like the living creatures and also have a fully functioning brain...