Mazda to launch in Bharat soon.

Mazda is one of the most popular brands in the Japanese market and its charm prevails in other global markets too. For quite a while this 5th largest Japanese automaker is planning to come to Indian shores and finally we have heard something in context with it.

[​IMG]

Mazda is said to be entering India with its very popular small car Mazda2 soon. Known for its beautiful design and top notch engineering, the car is a complete package as far as the Indian market is concerned. Since 2007 the car is doing great worldwide and recently its 2011 model was introduced in the US market.

Looking at the picture the car clearly is a beauty and would bring an element of refreshment for the India customers simply because we are tired of seeing those common cars like Hyundai i20, Hyundai i10, Maruti Suzuki Swift, etc. Although Ford Figo and Nissan Micra are the most recent ones, still the market as well as the customers both demand more variety.

Takashi Yamanouchi, President and CEO, Mazda Motor Corporation recently said, “We have a bouquet of compact cars like the Mazda – 2 and sedans that are suited for the bulk of Indian customers who prefer small and fuel efficient vehicles.”

He added, ”We are yet to finalize our strategy on whether we will have a joint venture or a fully owned subsidiary”. He later clarified that the kind of Mazda cars which find their convenient ways into the market will decide the brand’s strategy.

This iteration of Mazda2 is the third one and is being sold for approximately Rs. 6.4 Lakh in the US market but at the time of its launch in our market the price is likely to shoot up by another 1 -2 Lakh rupees. Briefing you with the car, it sports a 1,349 cc, 4-cylinder MPFI petrol motor producing 75 BHP of maximum power at 6,000 rpm and 121 Nm of maximum torque at 3,500 rpm. Mated to a 5-speed transmission the performance levels are good enough with a 0 – 100 km/h sprint time of 14 seconds, a top speed of 168 km/h and the most appreciable is a mileage of 18.5 km/l.
Article Source: #-Link-Snipped-#

Image source: #-Link-Snipped-#

Replies

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

News Corp is one of the big names in the media. They purchased MySpace back in 2005 for cool $580 million and now they are willing to sell it only...
In case you missed our VoiCE coverage, SETI project has shut down because of lack of funds. You may however donate and bring the project back to life and help...
I believe we've discussed this point multiple times. I'm starting this thread to bring to attention the way of providing feedback to other users who are new to forums. 1....
Here is a Lecture on Refrigeration and Airconditioning by Prof.M.Ramgopal from the Department of Mechanical Engineering IIT Kharagpur. Discuss this topic with fellow mechanical engineers, share your ideas, ask questions...
Here is a Lecture on Psychometry - an important topic under Refrigeration and Airconditioning by Prof. M.Ramgopal from the Department of Mechanical Engineering IIT Kharagpur. Discuss this topic with fellow...