May I introduce myself

livingenzyme
@livingenzyme-6bl52r โ€ข Oct 25, 2024

A little bit about myself.

I currently work as an engineer for the Illinois Department of Transportation. Graduated college back in 06, went into law enforcement, quit that after a few years (I'm too nice ๐Ÿ˜›) and went into software development, almost had a mental breakdown due to long hours staring at codes, quit that and here I am working my dream job as an engineer.

I love every part of my current career. I find it therapeutic and relaxing at times, despite the stress that sometimes comes with it.

If I could do everything all over again, I would have gone to engineering school straight out of high school rather than shooting in the dark for so many years... but I guess that's life.

Replies

Welcome, guest

Join CrazyEngineers to reply, ask questions, and participate in conversations.

CrazyEngineers powered by Jatra Community Platform

  • Kaustubh Katdare

    @thebigk • Jun 2, 2014

    Howdy #-Link-Snipped-# , it's fantastic to have you here. I think it's all worth it now that you've found solace in engineering. I grew up watching my dad doing some great engineering and fixing everything broken (from cars, scooters to juicers) like a magician. I knew I'd become an engineer and now feel proud of my choice.

    How was it working for law enforcement?

  • livingenzyme

    @livingenzyme-6bl52r • Jun 2, 2014

    Kaustubh KatdareHowdy #-Link-Snipped-# , it's fantastic to have you here. I think it's all worth it now that you've found solace in engineering. I grew up watching my dad doing some great engineering and fixing everything broken (from cars, scooters to juicers) like a magician. I knew I'd become an engineer and now feel proud of my choice.

    How was it working for law enforcement?

    It weren't so bad had it not the particular agency I that I joined. I would have enjoyed a local department a lot more. But instead, the agency I joined was a much higher level. And I was one of the youngest people when I joined, so they made me travel a lot. That's what they do with young guys with no families. Paper work was unending, especially with cases involving narcotics. Then there were the court cases that I had to show up to. Because my agency wasn't local, most of the courts I had to show up to to testify were often hours away.

    Heck, to this day I still get subpoenaed to some cases that have been dragging on for years. Totally not my cub of tea.

    I have 2 brothers and 2 sisters: Electrical engineer, structural engineer, computer engineer, and mathematician. Being the youngest, I thought I could break out of that pattern and do something different. Who would have thunk it was fate for our entire family to end up in the technical fields LOL.

  • Ankita Katdare

    @abrakadabra • Jun 2, 2014

    #-Link-Snipped-# I think it is time to get all the engineers in your family here. ๐Ÿ˜

    It is really great to have you here. Please feel free to explore the community and take part in the discussions. Welcome aboard CE!

  • Harshad Italiya

    @harshad-ukH5ww • Jun 2, 2014

    #-Link-Snipped-# Welcome to CE community. Have a nice stay here. ๐Ÿ˜€

  • vishal Lokhande

    @vishal-g1dnTS • Jun 2, 2014

    #-Link-Snipped-# Welcome to CE ๐Ÿ˜€๐Ÿ˜€...We have the power to come out of any crisis as you already experience d same , your mind is final frontier , make it strong n live like everyday is like birthday..๐ŸŽ‰....fell free to share..enjoy...