maximum swing volatge in 741 op-amp

if we apply 15V VCC to the 741 op-amp, the maximum swing at the output is 13.5v ...where 1.5volt gone......why and how this happens....>>>??/
plz help.....

Replies

• limestone7000
    limestone7000
    if you check out the internal design of an UA741 op-amp, it'll be clearer!

#-Link-Snipped-#

now, Q2 transistor is in 'Active' region, thats how it'll be useful in this op-amp, so the input can't be allowed to become large enough to drive Q2 to 'cutoff' region. This is why there's a maximum +ve going and minimum -ve going input voltage that may be applied to an Op-amp, which is termed as "input voltage range"
    Obviously, it'll be lesser than the supply voltage! here, as Vcc(supply voltage) is 15 v, the conventional input voltage range is set as +13.5v to -13.5v

Now, for an Op-amp as a 'voltage follower' as limit of output voltage = limit of input voltage = +13.5v to -13.5v
    but if u use op-amp as an amplifier, then output range can't go higher than Vcc, on which its range depends,
    And also the output voltage depends on the external ckt.
    Together they contribute to loss of 1.5 v!

This is actually deliberately done, for safety purpose, and not considered as a loss!

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

dear sir, myself laxmi.i m frofessional to power sector.plz soleve my problems.my generator capacity is 12megawatt.in parallel condition with grid when my generation is on 11mw generation mode and import...
Hello everyone! My name is Sandra and I am currently in my second year (out of three) studying undergraduate Mechatronic Engineering in Reykjavik University, Iceland. My current hobby is dancing,...
hi .. i hav cofounded a new CS IT Society in my college. plz provide some good presentation ideas that can be given to first years..๐Ÿ˜
Warning..the link below contains mature language but is harmless. Just cracking sarcastic jokes that's it. Avoid if it doesn't suit you . Give it a try though. Dont miss this...
hi!!!! everyone ๐Ÿ˜› can anyone plz suggest me c++ mini project topics but i don't want topics on games or scientific calcu. they are so common ๐Ÿ˜ณ ๐Ÿ˜•๐Ÿ˜•๐Ÿ˜• CE rocks!!!!!...