Maximum possible length of SATA cable used in computers?

SATA as well as Serial ATA (Advanced Technological innovation Attachment) is the future creation drive interface, following a traditional Parallel ATA (PATA). What is the maximum possible length of a SATA cable?

Replies

• Kaustubh Katdare
    Kaustubh Katdare
    According to Wikipedia, the maximum length would be 1 meter, about 3.3 ft. I've wondered whether it's the voltage drop that limits the length, does anyone here know? The eSATA standard allowed the extension of the range from 1 meter to 2 meters.

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

I remember in the geometry class, we were asked to do the QEDs, prove the already proven mathematical and geometrical theorems. Maybe the logic was to make us 'aware' how...
Hi , I'm Doing my final year project in superheater i has to analys in CFD need some reference and some steps how to analys
Sony has announced a new gaming console and it's still called the PS3. The problem is that there's nothing worth noticing except that the new console is 50% slimmer than...
To generate high dc voltage ,i am following voltage multiplier technique.But i succeded up to 8 stages,beyond 8 stages out put voltage is not increasing .I used 4.7u/450V electrolytic capacitors...
why fan winding will damage ,if we connect two condensors to the fan?