MATLAB: Ultimate Tool

MATLAB is a high-level technical computing language and interactive environment for algorithm development, data visualization, data analysis, and numeric computation. Using MATLAB, you can solve technical computing problems faster than with traditional programming languages, such as C, C++, and Fortran!!

You can use MATLAB in a wide range of applications, including signal and image processing, communications, control design, test and measurement, financial modeling and analysis, and computational biology.

MATLAB provides a number of features for documenting and sharing your work. You can integrate your MATLAB code with other languages and applications, and distribute your MATLAB algorithms and applications.

Check out the demos at #-Link-Snipped-#

[​IMG]

[​IMG][​IMG]

How many of you have used this software? If not, just give it a try. I did my Electromechanical Lab report calculations and graphs with this progie!

Can use it even for Finantial Visualisation, Network simulation and other fields.

Replies

• Neha
    Neha
    Nice thread!
    Here is the information collected from wikipedia and Google:
    MATLAB is a numerical computing environment and programming language. Created by THeMathWorks, MATLAB allows easy matrix manipulation, plotting of Function (mathematics) - Wikipedia interfacesfunctions and data, implementation of algorithms, creation of user, and interfacing with programs in other languages. Although it specializes in numerical computing, an optional toolbox interfaces with the Maple symbolic engine, allowing it to be part of a full computer algebra system.

MATLAB is an interactive system whose basic data element is an array that does not require dimensioning. This allows you to solve many technical computing problems, especially those with matrix and vector formulations, in a fraction of the time it would take to write a program in a scalar noninteractive language such as C or Fortran.

The name MATLAB stands for matrix laboratory. MATLAB was originally written to provide easy access to matrix software developed by the LINPACK and EISPACK projects, which together represent the state-of-the-art in software for matrix computation.
  • xheavenlyx
    xheavenlyx
    Wow, that was helpful and different. I urge our forum members to try the demo version. And ask if there is any query.

😀
  • shwetamanghnani
    shwetamanghnani
    sir, i have have tried a lot to download d software but unfortunately i was unable do dat. kindly provide me d software.
  • ShrinkDWorld
    ShrinkDWorld
    Is MATLAB useful for mechanical engineers? 😔
  • magnatron
    magnatron
    yeah, mat lab is good but i think lab-view is better. LabVIEW - Wikipedia
  • sisir47
    sisir47
    where do we get to download this???
  • magnatron
    magnatron
    #-Link-Snipped-#
    its very good tool .
    more info
    LabVIEW - Wikipedia

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

I am going to do mini project this semester for that I need some titles from u. Please provide me some topics which can be easily designed and fabricated. Thank...
anyone can tel me that why do we refresh? like right click and click on refresh. or use F5 button which is use 4 refresh.
This thread has been inspired by Dan Brown's-Da Vinci Code(A novel that left me flabbergasted!). What is Phi? Phi ( = 1.618033988749895... ), most often pronounced fi like "fly", is...
This post addresses the common issue faced by new members of CrazyEngineers community 😀 This is what I've observed- Many new members do not enter correct email address while registering...
Hi CEans! I'm always full of weird ideas*. I've been thinking about having something interesting on CE Labs which will attract world's attention. Something which is simple to do. Something...