Matlab Image Processing Help (Image Segmentation)

Hello,
I m a computer science student and i m working on a project on matlab and currently im stuck in a problem.The problem is that i want to

extract head from this image without using imcrop command meaning that it should automatically search and detect the head(keeping this as the

basic or common shape of the head) and extract the head from the background.Assuming the shape of the head to be like that for every image

but "the size may vary".
Here is my sample image for the head shape
#-Link-Snipped-#

I would really appreciate your help,suggestions,references and support
or a sample code/demo on a matlab would be nice

Replies

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

Google now aims to kick HTTP's butt, the standard protocol on the web since 1996. In an official blog post on Chromium Blog, Mike Belshe and Roberto Peon say that...
This one should tickle the brains of lots of computer science engineers over here. Apart from using web accelerators (which primarily do the catching), can there be fundamental changes in...
Dear All, I have three Rotex make 22 KW each Electrical boilers. I am facing a problem since very long. My boiler element works only for 15-20 days. after that...
If you want to be one of the first ones outside MS who'll get to test the Beta version of Microsoft's Office 2010, all you have to do is click...
This is one of the fantastic mail I received today 😀 THE OTHER SIDE Father was reading a magazine and his little daughter every now and then distracted him. To...