Mark Zuckerberg Denies Rumors About Facebook Phone

In a reply to the analysts during the Facebook’s earnings call recently Mark Zuckerberg, the CEO of Facebook said “here are lots of things that you can build in other operating systems, as well, that aren't really like building out a whole phone, which I think wouldn't really make much sense for us to do”. Further he stated that Facebook being the most used app in all mobile platforms does not need to venture into hardware and that they will be concentrated in integrating other apps on top of it.

facebook-concept-phone-main-image

Last year it was #-Link-Snipped-# by CrazyEngineers that Facebook was launching its own phone in partnership with HTC which and was slated to launch in mid-2013. This finally puts out the wildfire of rumors which were widely reported.

Source: #-Link-Snipped-#

Replies

• Anoop Kumar
    Anoop Kumar
    He probably got to know that no one going to like it....😀
  • Kaustubh Katdare
    Kaustubh Katdare
    They will make their own phone eventually. Controlling the 'hardware' is the need of the hour and that's the reason why Google acquired Motorola mobility business.

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

what is an auto clutch? how is it used in two wheelrs? is it also there in four wheelrs?
HI, I AM BISHWAKALYAN.CURRENTLY A STUDENT OF B.TECH IN MECHANICAL ENGG. .BUT I HAVE INTEREST IN ASTROPHYSICS AND AEROSPACE BECAUSE OF ALL THESE ARE RESEARCH ABOUT SPACE AND FLYING OBJECTS.KINDLY...
According to the Bing Community Blog, it has released new updates to keep its users updated with the London 2012 Olympics. Starting with the home page, this would be updated...
i am a student of civil engg. graduation .I am in 3rd year
i want some good topics of group discussion in civil engg.