Many reasons why you won't quit your job

There are some studies to show why people do not quit jobs they do not like. They continue with this mill stone round their necks. Reasons seem to be many but quite a few are quite not what seems obvious.
This article from Harward Business Review makes interesting reading.
#-Link-Snipped-#

What about engineers? CEans?

Replies

• Kaustubh Katdare
    Kaustubh Katdare
    I think the thread is more suited in our entrepreneurship section 😀

By the way, I agree with the author:

You've been conditioned. Scientists know that the best way to train someone to perform a behavior is to reward them for doing so at random intervals.
    It's actually like that! Maybe that's why the corporate race is often called as 'The Rat Race' 😁. I've several friends who've stuck up to their jobs even when they hate every moment of it. Many have made plans and they're still working on it. It's actual the brain conditioning that makes us do so many things we can do fine without.

For me, I always knew with the savings I had; I'd do fine for a period of 3 years (I was a bachelor then) on my savings. Well, that does not mean I had huge savings. It's just that I kept my expenses *very* low: a strategy that works very well for every newbie/wannabe entrepreneur. 😀
  • Ramani Aswath
    Ramani Aswath
    I agree. I took a decision very early in life that I will be completely selfish and do what I like doing, whether it pays or not. I do not regret it after more than half a century of it. It did not pay much though. However it is still fun.

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

Is there any car in India which is coming with a petrol engine using GDI (Gasoline Direct Injection) technology? What I know is that every petrol engine nowadays uses fuel...
Lean production is a concept that many organization claim to be following. This is also not an exception for the people who offer Shigeo Shingo prize for best manufacturing plant....
Hello , I am a newcomer and I want to let you know that here is my articles collection at this address: metechakir.blogspot.com // Electrical engineering Articles
All current robots are preprogrammed. They are not cognitive. Cornell 'Varsity has made some progress on making a robot teach itself. Where will this end? Something like human cloning? The...
Hello Friends Kindly suggest me a laptop for following needs 1:- Light weight : not more than 2 KG (Most important) 2:- Screen Size: between 10 " - 14 "...