Manage IT

Project Abstract / Summary : Basically Manage IT is a Project Management platform for the small/medium scale companies who can not afford heavy charged tools/softwares. Manage IT will have all the aspects of any standard Project management tool but it will be a Web Application and Open Source.
Some important features of Manage IT:
1. Client Management
2. Staff Management
3. Invoicing
4. Time Tracking
5. Project Tracking
6. Task system
7. Message system
8. Payment & SMS gateway
9. Report Generation
10. Statistics
11. Support System
12. File Management
13. Due Dates
So the whole company and its clients all will be at the same place and it will be easy for both of them to know what's going on with their project. All the records, agreements,chat, reports will be at same place and can be retrieve at any given time and for any period.
I belong to Computer (IT) field so I focused on things which are required in this field but it can also be developed according to the requirements of each field and can be used by other also.
As it is a web application it can be accessed from any device (responsive design) and from any where. The employer and the employees will have different access and roles to do. The employer can check on and manage all the employees and work from one panel itself.Employer can also see the user activities. Each employee will have his own dashboard where he can see all the details regarding him and his projects.
So the Manage IT will save all the paper work and time required for that and will give a hassle free work environment.
Once the web application will get a positive response then I am thinking to work on Android application to improve the user experience.

Why did you choose to work on this project topic : While my internship in local company I found that small/medium level companies are still using "PAPER" for all their work like quotation, client report etc. as they can't afford heavily charged softwares for that. They used to have a "Documentation" section where each client will have more than one file and all printed records which is quite time,money consuming when trying to find any particular record. So I thought there is a need for an affordable Project Management System for small/medium scale companies. So I started discussing with company people about their requirements and created a list of features to be included.
Future Scope: Once the web application will get positive response then I am thinking of Android Application for the same to improve the user experience.

Project Category : CS / IT / Networking
------------------------------------------------------
Institute/College Name: Matoshri College Of Engineering
City: Mumbai
State: Maharashtra
Participating Team From: Third Year

Replies

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

Project Abstract / Summary : Daily Board is a software which is special build for individual as well as joint law firm (advocates) which gives facility to maintain documents as...
Project Abstract / Summary : Soil Reinforcement is an effective and reliable technique. The main objective of strengthening the soil mass is to increase bearing capacity, improve stability, decrease settlements...
Project Abstract / Summary : N.SRINATH, P.VASANTH KUMAR SSN COLLEGE OF ENGINEERING, KALAVAKKAM Keywords: Motor vehicle, Acceleration control, IR blaster and receiver, 8051uc, throttle control, air sensor, EMU. Vehicular acceleration...
Project Abstract / Summary : The proposed micro transformer is based on polarization in dielectrics. It is a low expensive, small, lightweight, coreless, heatless, high efficiency transformer. It has variable...
Project Abstract / Summary : Energy scavenging refers to the process of capturing, utilizing non-conventional source of energy and conserving the conventional energy for our future generation. This project proposes...