View Feed
group-icon
Coffee Room
Discuss anything here - everything that you wish to discuss with fellow engineers.
12940 Members
Join this group to post and comment.
The Observer
The Observer • Apr 9, 2013

Man of steel ? do you think superman could be stronger :/

With the induction of Aluminum alloys and Titanium.. what do you think?? could superman be stronger if he did not have the 'steel' stuff in him? Lets apply the physics into his daily activities like getting hit by bullets, flying in the air at super speeds, water stuff and all.. what materials do you think could make him stronger 😉 ???
viky1147
viky1147 • Apr 10, 2013
Similarly Wolverine 😉

But i like Batman apart from all superhero's.. 😁
The Observer
The Observer • Apr 11, 2013
yes. but then imagine the fate of iron man. He's gonna rust i guess. 😕
Gurjap
Gurjap • Apr 11, 2013
If I were to be hit by bullets, I'll prefer I be made of steel, not aluminum. Reasons? More weight, better alloyability, better impact resistance, better resilience.....
The Observer
The Observer • Apr 11, 2013
well thats a nice one Gurjap..but it doesn't hold in the long run. once cracked.. it doesn't give a good time. it jus fractures too well. thats why it is not found on airplanes wherever impacts are possible.. 😉 well steel is still good.
zaveri
zaveri • Apr 13, 2013
Hey guys remember. "light weight" is another characteristic required to make flight easy.

Aluminum is lighter than steel or titanium, but then it aint so stronger than those two.
The Observer
The Observer • Apr 13, 2013
yes zaveri..thats a good reasoning 😀 however, Titanium is the best for its strength.. also mixed with steel to make it stronger to resist impact. It is lesser in terms of weight too.
rahul69
rahul69 • Apr 14, 2013
I think some kind of high strength polymer can be used for this purpose, such as this one. 😀
Gurjap
Gurjap • Apr 14, 2013
Somehow, Man of Plastic or Man of 2,3-dimethylpolypropylene doesn't have quite the same ring as Man of Steel.
rahul69
rahul69 • Apr 15, 2013
Gurjap
Somehow, Man of Plastic or Man of 2,3-dimethylpolypropylene doesn't have quite the same ring as Man of Steel.
True, but we can always find an awesome name for our superhero!😉
The Observer
The Observer • Apr 15, 2013
yeah.. decide on the name too.. and it shouldn't be plastic man 😛

Share this content on your social channels -