Making Suggestions To New Users

I believe we've discussed this point multiple times. I'm starting this thread to bring to attention the way of providing feedback to other users who are new to forums.

1. If you find any member has done anything objectionable, bring it to mods/admins' notice.
2. If you directly want to make a suggestion to the user, the proper way to do it is through the visitor messages or private messages.

We don't want to drive new members away because they aren't aware of the rules of the forums. I hope all CEans are with me on this. ๐Ÿ˜€

Replies

• narayana murthy
    narayana murthy
    i am always with you biggie in this
  • Harshad Italiya
    Harshad Italiya
    See Guys if you find that there is any copy-paste stuff then please do report to moderator using #-Link-Snipped-# report button or using visitor message to moderator.
    And this is the suggestion for Moderator:- Do not reply to that thread that you have copy pasted but instead of that we can warn that user or before that we will try to check that whether this is really copy paste thing?

This is to CE:- why not we add some level Warning level that will display on user's profile moderator can increase or decrease it. if it is 100% we will ban that user. ๐Ÿ˜€

This is my suggestion.
  • ISHAN TOPRE
    ISHAN TOPRE
    godfather
    This is to CE:- why not we add some level Warning level that will display on user's profile moderator can increase or decrease it. if it is 100% we will ban that user. ๐Ÿ˜€

This is my suggestion.
    The point mentioned by GF is worth noting but I have different opinion. In case we need to implement that point, then we will have to keep that level very very high.

Take for example 'me'. I do not knew the rules of forum to the fullest nor its facilities so it may be possible that I may be breaking some rules *unknowingly*. Isn't it possible?

What say?
  • Harshad Italiya
    Harshad Italiya
    ishutopre
    The point mentioned by GF is worth noting but I have different opinion. In case we need to implement that point, then we will have to keep that level very very high.

Take for example 'me'. I do not knew the rules of forum to the fullest nor its facilities so it may be possible that I may be breaking some rules *unknowingly*. Isn't it possible?

What say?
    What i had said that moderator can increasing or decreasing the level see if you do any mistake on CE and moderator increase the level but after one month moderator can find that you are working good and after that moderator will reduce the warning level again to zero

we will keep it in % like 25,50,75,100 % if anyone reach to 100% he/she will be banned. ๐Ÿ˜€
  • Kaustubh Katdare
    Kaustubh Katdare
    godfather

This is my suggestion.
    If we look at how the systems are abused, we better leave the job to the mods. The like button has been abused by users randomly clicking 'Like' button. We'll keep the mod powers only to select individuals who've a proven track record of adding value to CE. I don't see any problem in using the visitor message and private message facility to inform the user and helping him/her getting familiar with the forum.
  • Harshad Italiya
    Harshad Italiya
    The_Big_K
    If we look at how the systems are abused, we better leave the job to the mods. The like button has been abused by users randomly clicking 'Like' button. We'll keep the mod powers only to select individuals who've a proven track record of adding value to CE. I don't see any problem in using the visitor message and private message facility to inform the user and helping him/her getting familiar with the forum.
    This is also fine ! What you say about that warning level?
  • ISHAN TOPRE
    ISHAN TOPRE
    I have one suggestion. The point of Biggie is correct. But I have some other idea too.

We have something called 'reputation' on CE. once people have negative reputation, the system will generate a warning. We should never ban a user unless it is very very necessary. This idea is actually modification of GF's idea.

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

Here is a Lecture on Refrigeration and Airconditioning by Prof.M.Ramgopal from the Department of Mechanical Engineering IIT Kharagpur. Discuss this topic with fellow mechanical engineers, share your ideas, ask questions...
Here is a Lecture on Psychometry - an important topic under Refrigeration and Airconditioning by Prof. M.Ramgopal from the Department of Mechanical Engineering IIT Kharagpur. Discuss this topic with fellow...
In this video lecture you will understand the details of the psychometric process, a topic under Refrigeration and Airconditioning by Prof.M.Ramgopal from the Department of Mechanical Engineering IIT Kharagpur. Discuss...
Here is a Lecture on Refrigeration and Airconditioning by Prof.M.Ramgopal from the Department of Mechanical Engineering IIT Kharagpur. Discuss this topic with fellow mechanical engineers, share your ideas, ask questions...
Psychometry of Air conditioning systems, a video lecture by Prof.M.Ramgopal from the Department of Mechanical Engineering IIT Kharagpur is embedded below. Discuss this topic with fellow mechanical engineers, share your...