making an electromagnet

I am planning to make an electromagnet which can lift atleast 200gm mass.
Normally electromagnets are made up by coiling an iron rod and passing a considerable
amount of dc voltage through it. Based on this I have few questions.
1 is there any device which convert 220vac to 12vdc & is it possible to increase it upto 220 vdc
or should i use separate device for the above purposes and what would be the cost of the device
2.how much dc volts and amps are required to magnetise an iron rod so that it may lift 200gm mass & how much number of coil turns are required.
3 how can I increase the magnetic power of the electromagnet
4 how can I reverse the poles of the electromagnet

Replies

• ISHAN TOPRE
    ISHAN TOPRE
    How about using a step down transformer and a rectifier? I think this would do.

See this simple formula. F=q(v X B). Substitute 'F' with 200 gram force, you can adjust current field q and magnetic field B for a constant velocity.

Keep us updated if you can make an electromagnet. ๐Ÿ˜€

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

Need help in knowing how does atm machine works. Explain only the sensing element, signal converter and output of atm machine.
Well, it's been some time i couldn't turn here but it's always better to late then never. Well i am back with a technical question that i was having a...
Many more happy returns of the day ๐Ÿ˜๐Ÿ˜ May all your wishes come true ๐ŸŽ‰๐ŸŽ‰ where is the treat for CEans?
Project simulates human brain to enhance computer power Read more: Project simulates human brain to enhance computer power | News | The Engineer โ€‹
Removing shock from the system with magnetic fluids Read more: Removing shock from the system with magnetic fluids | In-depth | The Engineer โ€‹