Major project in computer science

Hi, i am shubhi, currently in the final year of computer science engineering and as per the curriculum, i need to do a project in a team(size depending on complexity of the project). We are required to carry out a literature survey for 6 months and the implementation of the same in another six months. so, the project needs to be a good one.

I have knowledge about the following:
c/c++->comfortable
java->preliminary: i have learnt it for an entire semester but have little practice.
Also, if required, i have 6 months to learn dot net, vb etc. if required, though i am not sure if its recommended.

i have following ideas:
1. online phone book: you maintain an online list of contacts, provide access to only a few members and if these members change their number and make updations for the same, your phonebook gets automatically updated.

2. online training programme for employees of a company: facilities for logging in, learning the tutorial scheduled for the day, submission of assignments, evaluation based on performance, etc.

i have no idea how to start off, so i look forward to your help.
also, i need your suggestions regarding other possibilities, and honest opinions if my ideas are passe.

looking forward to your suggestins and replies.
shubhi

Replies

• Differential
    Differential
    Hi Subhi, welcome to the forum !!

Both of your ideas are really good........I have seen similar one to second one......so can help you in that.....!
  • shubhi
    shubhi
    hi, thanks for your consideration. please tell me how to start off, and most importantly, if i need to learn dotnet, vb or some other language or tool for the same.

also, another idea struck me recently,
    3. interactive white boards: each classroom has an interactive whiteboard instead of a traditional blackboard. the main features are:
    - the board is connected to a centralised server to which all the feedback is sent- this can probably help the principal to monitor the lessons taught and all.
    -it has the capability to convert teacher's handwriting to notes which can later be used by the students.
    and probably some more functionalities.
    but the issues are:
    -again, i dont know how to start off
    -this also requires a hardware,but i hav to do only the software part.
    -it might get a little complicated
    but, on the whole, i really like this idea.

please help.
    regards,
    shubhi
  • AshutoshGupta
    AshutoshGupta
    hey shubhi,
    there are sevral topics depending onyour need......
    Mobile application development is one such area that requires skilled people.
    Hope this helped you......
  • jasmeet kaur
    jasmeet kaur
    hi im a finel year computer science student nd i have to make a major project as per the curiculum of the degree so plzz help me out on the topics nd how to start with them coz i have knowledge of only c/c++ and a lil of java

hoping to get +ve replies
    thanku
  • remshad medappil
    remshad medappil
    Try hotlinkprotection which may do with php
  • jenifar
    jenifar
    hi i am a final year student and i want some inovative topics for major project using java
  • Mahesh Dahale
    Mahesh Dahale
    jenifar
    hi i am a final year student and i want some inovative topics for major project using java
    Hello,

1) Web database integration system,
    2) A simple web crawler
    3) Web-based Photo Album Viewer.
    4) Client Server Based Live Meeting

If You need any help feel free to ask !!!!!!
  • mambaz
    mambaz
    #-Link-Snipped-#

Free Final Year Projects
  • Manish Goyal
    Manish Goyal
    Hey you can work on online image search engine
    like you have image.........you will upload it and it will give you whole information about it
  • ravenkhan
    ravenkhan
    So what you did in your Major Project?

I am now in my 4th year. So needed your help.

thanks
  • sumith123
    sumith123
    ravenkhan
    So what you did in your Major Project?

I am now in my 4th year. So needed your help.

thanks

for majour project we dont kid..'

take it seriously ..and do the concept
  • Naveen.M
    Naveen.M
    Hi.this is Naveen.M...i am a final year BE student....well..as u all know we need to do a project according to our curriculum..i am interested to do some projs which ud help farmers or agriculturists..so,can any one suggest some topics related..
  • yogi18
    yogi18
    shubhi
    Hi, i am shubhi, currently in the final year of computer science engineering and as per the curriculum, i need to do a project in a team(size depending on complexity of the project). We are required to carry out a literature survey for 6 months and the implementation of the same in another six months. so, the project needs to be a good one.

c/c++->comfortable
    java->preliminary: i have learnt it for an entire semester but have little practice.
    Also, if required, i have 6 months to learn dot net, vb etc. if required, though i am not sure if its recommended.

i have following ideas:
    1. online phone book: you maintain an online list of contacts, provide access to only a few members and if these members change their number and make updations for the same, your phonebook gets automatically updated.

2. online training programme for employees of a company: facilities for logging in, learning the tutorial scheduled for the day, submission of assignments, evaluation based on performance, etc.

also, i need your suggestions regarding other possibilities, and honest opinions if my ideas are passe.

shubhi

hello shubhi ...

m also a final yr student f cs brnch ..

i cn suggst som topcs lyk

1. Machine Translation
    2. Speech to Speech Translation
    3. Lexical Knowldege-Base Development
    4. NLP Course projects
    5. Optical Character Recognition
    6. Vision Course Projects
    7. Biometrics Course Projects
    8. Development of ISCII and INSCRIPT Keyboarding
    9. Development of IDC and GIST Multi-lingual Technology
    10. Transliteration
    11. Spell-checker design

if u need mor help writ again
  • RUCHA CHIKHALDEK
    RUCHA CHIKHALDEK
    i hve good knowledge of c++ & still gaining knowledge of .net ............so i need ur help in knowing project topics & how to make that
  • RUCHA CHIKHALDEK
    RUCHA CHIKHALDEK
    i wanna topics of major project in c++ & .net
  • kashish
    kashish
    wireless tehnology

hii my name is kashish i m planning to do a wireless project that switch on off home appliances can uplz tell me where to start
  • Reya
    Reya
    I didnt get you.Can you elaborate?

Do you mean switching off the home appliances when it is not in use?
  • rahul sahu
    rahul sahu
    shubhi
    Hi, i am shubhi, currently in the final year of computer science engineering and as per the curriculum, i need to do a project in a team(size depending on complexity of the project). We are required to carry out a literature survey for 6 months and the implementation of the same in another six months. so, the project needs to be a good one. I have knowledge about the following:c/c++->comfortablejava->preliminary: i have learnt it for an entire semester but have little practice.Also, if required, i have 6 months to learn dot net, vb etc. if required, though i am not sure if its recommended. i have following ideas:1. online phone book: you maintain an online list of contacts, provide access to only a few members and if these members change their number and make updations for the same, your phonebook gets automatically updated. 2. online training programme for employees of a company: facilities for logging in, learning the tutorial scheduled for the day, submission of assignments, evaluation based on performance, etc. i have no idea how to start off, so i look forward to your help.also, i need your suggestions regarding other possibilities, and honest opinions if my ideas are passe. looking forward to your suggestins and replies.shubhi
    hi im rahul fro jhansi. for your project i have a idea but for that u should know a little electrocics.u can make awhite board on the principal of comlete reflection of light.infact i
  • Rupam Das
    Rupam Das
    shubhi

c/c++->comfortable

i have following ideas:

shubhi
    Along with this If you can add a Java Aglet Based Agent that will automatically Notify the users about the schedule or meeting, or add SMS /Email Notification. Than that becomes a great project
  • annie.life.27
    annie.life.27
    Rupam Das
    Along with this If you can add a Java Aglet Based Agent that will automatically Notify the users about the schedule or meeting, or add SMS /Email Notification. Than that becomes a great project
    hi i am also a b tech student. by now u must have made your b tch project as its 2012 now. can u please upload any project which i can show up for my major project.
    thanking u in advance.
  • V.L.N.vikyath
    V.L.N.vikyath
    hi
    gud projects
    u can complete it,i'm too 3rd Btech Computer science student.i would like to take part in ur project.if u like mam
  • suman soni
    suman soni
    hi i'm a final year computer science student and i have to make a major project on attendance management system in php so plzz help me for this topic and how to start the project.
  • Siva Prasad Chinnam
    Siva Prasad Chinnam
    jenifar
    yogi18
    hello shubhi ...

m also a final yr student f cs brnch ..

i cn suggst som topcs lyk

• Machine Translation
      • Speech to Speech Translation
      • Lexical Knowldege-Base Development
      • NLP Course projects
      • Optical Character Recognition
      • Vision Course Projects
      • Biometrics Course Projects
      • Development of ISCII and INSCRIPT Keyboarding
      • Development of IDC and GIST Multi-lingual Technology
      • Transliteration
      • Spell-checker design

if u need mor help writ again
    hai,this is siva,i am also final year of cse , i need more help about speech to speech translation
  • priya rajkumari
    priya rajkumari
    Any one please suggest some topics for major projects in java..... I needed a help... Please suggest the topics along with features(modules) of that topic.....
  • priya rajkumari
    priya rajkumari
    Anyone please suggest me some topics for major project in java technology..... I really need a help... If u r suggesting topics then please write a short information about that topic... it will be really helpful....

Thanks

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

any one know how to stop the working of electronic metre used in kerala houses.................one of my friends said,by using remote control (infrared) we can stop the electronic metre....please help...
hi ppl!!!do you know what is the new research work going on in SPRINTRONICS???? please do reply.................
Okay, Scratch your head for this one - [youtube]3aPQqNt15-o[/youtube]
Hi all. I'm a newbie here and a newbie also at the EC engineering life!! I have just been introduced to clipping and clamping circuits which I find very hard...

hie

hieeeeeeee.... to everybody...... am vasudevan