Mail Header Extensions

Email Headers can provide lot of information about email origin and time. But as I understand it, the information is very limited.

I'm wondering, whether email headers can be extended to include more information about sender like exact location, sender information along with a unique code for the email. Maybe this could make the whole sender identification lot easier?

Replies

• Manish Goyal
    Manish Goyal
    exact location ..i think can't possible but you can know area from where does this email originate by getting his/her ip only

Note:-these headers are very useful in detecting email forgery
    Guys do check this email header whenever you think any email to be unreliable ..headers are very useful in clarifying doubts about reliability of mail
  • Kaustubh Katdare
    Kaustubh Katdare
    goyal420
    exact location ..i think can't possible but you can know area from where does this email originate by getting his/her ip only
    I'd not say they are very helpful, but they do contain the originating IP address. The ip address may help track down the city and ISP, but not beyond that. I guess ISPs may have further information about the connection or IP they assigned it to during the mail originating time.
  • Manish Goyal
    Manish Goyal
    I also know that you don' say that these are helpful sir i just share this information for those who don't know about this

yes you are right isp can provide you all the information about this but i don't think so that they provide us
  • Gurjeet Singh
    Gurjeet Singh
    I think so ,there should be a alternative like whether to show the address or not,like we have the option of BCC not showing the mail address of others but it should vary from mail to mail where we are sending this and want to show our identity more.

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

Test your chess proficiency with three new free online chess games every day. Take your choice of easy, medium or hard chess puzzles. Daily Chess Game | Thinks.com
The video says it all: Interesting! Right? [video=dailymotion;x8x53n]https://www.dailymotion.com/video/x8x53n_japanese-mind-reading-technology_news[/video]
Peter Friese and Heiko Behrens built this iPhone client at EclipseCon 2010. It connects to a mars rover showcase provided by NASA. Take a look: [video=vimeo;10438569]https://vimeo.com/10438569[/video]
It's very easy trick that some people use to fraud someone say i created a professional looking email by using name of IBM that you are offering one job and...
Take a look at the search trend here: Google Trends: orkut, facebook, twitter Orkut is clearly losing to Facebook in social networking. What do you think the big G's going...