Mahindra KUV100 Petrol And Diesel Variant Specs Revealed - January Launch Confirmed

After getting a blow from Indian Supreme Court of banning new diesel cars and SUVs with engines bigger than 2000 cc, major diesel car manufacturer Mahindra & Mahindra has come up with a petrol option with its new Mahindra S101 SUV, also called KUV100 (Kool Utility Vehicle 100). Along with the new official name of the S101 compact SUV, Mahindra has also introduced the new engine line-up that will power the vehicle and other models in the future.

This SUV will have four variants. The engine family has been named as mFalcon. On the petrol variant, KUV100 features a G80 engine that delivers 82bhp of max power with 114Nm torque and the diesel variant features 77 bhp max power with 190 Nm torque.

The KUV100 features sweptback roof-line, sculpted bonnet and wrap around headlamps. It has a wide stance to give it a SUV-like look with short overhangs, high belt line, and high seating position. Mahindra is primarily focusing on youth as its potential buyers and accordingly the KUV100 has been given the tagline - "A Young SUV".

The car has been manufactured at the company's R&D facility - the Mahindra Research Valley in Chennai.

Mahindra-kuv100-launch

KUV100 is a compact SUV which is all set to rival Maruti's WagonR and Chevrolet's Beat in the domestic market. It's all set to go on sale in early 2016, with January as the probable launch date.

A lot has been written about this SUV and the auto lovers in the country have already seen numerous spy shots of the model on the web but now Mahindra has cleared all rumors as the dedicated website has gone live (See link below).

The sub four meter compact SUV is built on an all-new monocoque platform. It features manual 5 speed transmission along with a standard provision across the line-up. The car will be available in 7 color options namely - Fiery Orange, Flamboyant Red, Dazzling Silver, Aquamarine, Pearl White, Designer Grey and Midnight Black.

Bollywood actor Varun Dhawan has been declared as the brand ambassador for the new KUV100. The company has not yet disclosed the pricing, but has assured that it will not be disappointing for the buyers.

Speculations suggest that the KUV100 will be priced in the same range as Hyundai Grand i10. Bookings shall open on 19 December 2015.

After a great success in diesel SUV market with Bolero, Scorpio and the most stylist XUV500, KUV100 seems to be a rather bold move by Mahindra. What are your thoughts? Share with us in comments below.

Source: Mahindra KUV100 Nxt | The Next Generation SUV in India

Replies

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

There is little doubt that science influences science fiction, but what about the cases when thing work the other way round? John Grunsfeld, astronaut and associate administrator for the NASA...
Hi guys, I'm a just graduated student in Engineering of Electronics & Informatics in Italy. I would like to continue my studies in Europe (almost everywhere) studying in English. I'm...
Holidays are that time of the year when Facebook goes crazy with friends sharing photos from all over the place on their timelines as well as privately via the Messenger....
Good morning Iam radhakrishna studying final year cse.Now its time to opt main projects ,but we have some confusion and pressure in selecting cloudcomputing/datamining.Last time we have choosen datamining as...
Spice Mobiles has launched its new low-budget Android smartphone with the 'Nexian NV-45' in India which is being sold online via Flipkart. Indonesia-based Nexian was acquired by the Spice Group...