Mahalowpower - anyone knows about it?

I got a mail from the Texas Instruments folks about a new contest they are sponsoring. The link in the mail points to a site called "Mahalowpower". It looks to me that the site is down [poor wordpress 😛]

If Mahalowpower folks are reading this, please check your website and fix it. Also, tell us what's the contest about?

Replies

• sookie
    sookie
    Looks like the link is up now. Is this the link you are talking about #-Link-Snipped-# ?
  • Kaustubh Katdare
    Kaustubh Katdare
    Yep indeed!

Following is the video upon which the questions are based:

[youtube]fIV8gNJ-B-c[/youtube]

The questions are -

1. In the video, Adrian demonstrates how a ridiculously small amount of power is enough to power the MSP 430. He demonstrates how the processor is powered by different fruits. However, one fruit that he mentions is NOT shown in the video. Which one is it?

1. grapes
    2. lychees
    3. mangoes
    4. strawberries
    2. MSP 430 processors power a variety of applications. In the 'Training Watch' example shown in the video, the watch is wirelessly connected to which of the following devices?

1. a cadence meter and a pedometer
    2. a cell phone to transmit data and a GPS sensor
    3. a pedometer and a tiredness sensor
    4. a speed sensor in the shoes and a heart rate monitor
    3. MSP 430 processors are popular for all kind of devices that need long battery life and precision. Several examples of such low power devices are provided. Which one of the following devices is NOT cited in the video?

1. martini mixer
    2. smoke detectors
    3. training watches
    4. voiceless cellphone
    4. MSP 430 processors power cutting-edge inventions like the voiceless cellphone. From the video, what do you think is a voiceless cellphone? A cellphone that

1. allows only texting and not voice
    2. converts brain signals to speech
    3. is meant for your spouse
    4. works only in 'silent mode'
    5. Adrian is exaggerating (only) slightly when he imagines that MSP430 could result in the Golden Gate bridge being powered by oranges. Or even the Eiffel Tower with grapes. Why do you think this is possible?

1. ability to network wirelessly
    2. a plethora of design options with MSP430
    3. better performance of the processor
    4. ultra low power consumption of the processor

Anyone wants to answer these questions? 😀

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

I came across many sample resumes on different sites. they stated widely about skills, achievements and job responsibilities. Has anyone else seen this? Do I just ignore it? I'm a...
The war of words is going on for quite some time now. But the question still remains intact - Do we really need twitter? It is more about twitter because...
I was thinking about this question for a long time since i started my Mechanical degree.. please help me out. note: i meant the air which enters the vehicle during...
Hi friends, Can we develop ERP based applications using V.net. If so, what technology to use. Thanks in advance. Regards, dinesh
Look at this, folks - [youtube]0g_RQZ-ntSw[/youtube] Awesome, what say you?