magnesium oxidizing

hi everybody;

i try to oxidize magnesium in hot water but i have small time to do it so i want to add a salt in to water for rapidly oxidizing.

I search which salt must I add to rapidly oxidize magnesium.

If you have an idea i will happy

Replies

• Ernesha
    Ernesha
    Oxidation of magnesium in mixtures NaClO4 + Mg + metal oxide or peroxide has been investigated using differential thermal analysis (DTA). In the systems with peroxides Na2O2, Li2O2, BaO2, CaO2 or ZnO, magnesium oxidizes simultaneously with decomposition of NaClO4 in the region 380–520°C, which is 100–200°C below the oxidation temperature of magnesium in air. In the ternary systems with transition-metal oxides NiO, CuO, FeO, and Fe2O3, magnesium transforms into oxide at above 600°C after sodium perchlorate had been decomposed completely. The low-temperature oxidation of magnesium occurs in the systems in which sodium chlorate is accumulated during the catalytic decomposition of NaClO4. Original Russian Text © V.D. Sasnovskaya, A.P. Razumova, 2006, published in Zhurnal Neorganicheskoi Khimii, 2006, Vol. 51, No. 9, pp. 1439–1444.

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

i am a B.Tech Fresher in Information Technology with aggregate 68%.i have applied for so many companies but not getting interview call..plz help me what to do
hi friends.., i am doin my third year EEE rite now.. i would like to start a mini project now in such a way that i am able to extend...
hey guys i've got this program to calculate time delay using 8253. pls help me with the codings. i don't get the logic. MVI A,30H OUT 0CEH MVI A,05H OUT...
hiiii.....Please help me with project for chemical. My username is aankii, could you guys suggest good project ideas in chemical engineering for my final year submission.
Hey guys, I need some help in a project i am currently doing. I need a device that would look like a Palm Sized Touchscreen that will take input from...