Madison Dearborn Partners takes over Media giant QuickPlay

Heard of QuickPlay media player?

Chicago private equity giant Madison Dearborn Partners LLC has taken a controlling stake for QuickPlay Media Inc. for $100 million in equity.

May be Quick Play's revenue growth rise of 327% during the past five years had attracted Madison Dearborn. Also QuickPlay was fairly stable company with no existing debt, a position that won't be changing with the Madison Dearborn deal.

QuickPlay provides outsourcing services for large companies such as AT&T Inc., Television Broadcast Ltd. and Bell Inc. that stream live and on-demand video to users over the Internet. The business has shifted in recent years as more users demand streaming to their mobile and other wireless devices through Internet protocol, or IP, connections.

-CB

Replies

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

On July 9 Intel had announced agreements with ASML Holding NV that includes a $3.1 billion equity investment in the Dutch chip equipment maker. Intel indicated that the aim of...
I want to became an scientist...
Hello CEans, Here is a brief introduction about myself. Name: Swatantra Engineering Trade: Computer Engineering Location : Bangalore Occupation: Working(Tata Consultancy Services) Work Experience: Fresher Hobbies and Interest: Playing and...
Wikipedia on Tuesday shut down its Russian-language site (ru.wikipedia.org) for 24 hours to protest a bill that would give the Russian government sweeping powers to blacklist certain sites. Wikipedia's Russian-language...
hey guys i am new here and i am a final year electrical engineering student. I want your help , please suggest me some projects for my final year.😀