Machine hour rate

How to calculate mahine hour rate of a piercing or bending press?😕

Replies

• gohm
    gohm
    Same as any other piece of equipment. You need to know the labor costs (both to operate machine as well as service), initial purchase cost of machine, depreciation of machine, preventative and predictive maintenance costs, energy and then number of hours the machine is in operation.
  • BigOhm
    BigOhm
    It will vary greatly from country to country. Moreover, it varies greatly by type of shop and the tools they use. For example, here in the US, we expect to pay between $60 and $100 per hour for a punch machine. A brake runs a little less. But, if it's on a fully automated punch, we might expect to pay $300 per hour.

Find a machine shop, or two, nearby and take them a big box of creme-filled doughnuts and tell them what you want to know. They'll probably give you a clue to the local rate.
  • mech.sasikumar
    mech.sasikumar
    gohm
    Same as any other piece of equipment. You need to know the labor costs (both to operate machine as well as service), initial purchase cost of machine, depreciation of machine, preventative and predictive maintenance costs, energy and then number of hours the machine is in operation.

ok.. but how do we apply purchase cost of machine in calculating the machine hour rate, because i dont know for how many hours ( life time of the machine) i am going to use that machine? do you having any formula for calculating machine hour rate?.😒
  • mech.sasikumar
    mech.sasikumar
    BigOhm
    It will vary greatly from country to country. Moreover, it varies greatly by type of shop and the tools they use. For example, here in the US, we expect to pay between $60 and $100 per hour for a punch machine. A brake runs a little less. But, if it's on a fully automated punch, we might expect to pay $300 per hour.

Find a machine shop, or two, nearby and take them a big box of creme-filled doughnuts and tell them what you want to know. They'll probably give you a clue to the local rate.

i little confused in to split up these cost?
  • gohm
    gohm
    You simply take the sum of all your costs(annual if calculating that, lifetime if calculating that) and divide by with hours of operation (eg 8hrs a day x 5 days a week x 52 weeks) will give you machine hour rate annually. If lifetime hours you can figure that out via manufacture spec to compute life cycle costing.

BigOhm is refering to labor rates for repair/service. This is one of the costs to factor in calculating machine hour rates.

mech.sasikumar
    ok.. but how do we apply purchase cost of machine in calculating the machine hour rate, because i dont know for how many hours ( life time of the machine) i am going to use that machine? do you having any formula for calculating machine hour rate?.😒
  • mech.sasikumar
    mech.sasikumar
    ok friend thank you for your feed back

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

Hi, As a programming student we thought you would like to participate in the 'CodeChef Campus SnackDown'! What is the CodeChef Campus Snackdown? It’s a team-based ACM ICPC style programming...
Intraday Tips * L&T Nov. Future (Rs. 1616) Buy L&T Nov. Future (Rs. 1616) only on a move above 1630 with a stop loss below 1612 for an intra-day target...
Looks like the software giant is fighting back. Fresh browsers like Chrome & Firefox give IE a tough fight and are leaps and bounds ahead of it when it comes...
Engadget breaks the news that Sony is in talks with FireFox to port it to its gaming platform - PlayStation 3. If that's true - what else in the world,...

Hi

This is Allwyn j.I am doing b tech (EEE), 3rd year.