Luxury, Not Necessity Is The Mother Of All Invention - Agree / Disagree?

once there was a quote stating that necessity is the mother of invention but now-a-days it changed to"luxury is the mother of invention".

Replies

• Kaustubh Katdare
    Kaustubh Katdare
    Thread moved to Debates section 😉

Luxury is considered as a necessity these days by many. So it's justified 😖
  • aarthivg
    aarthivg
    I cant justify luxury as necessary. I recently attended a meeting on finance and this was the question raised.
    What is the need for smart phone, branded watches etc...?
  • zaveri
    zaveri
    luxury and necessity are two different things altogether.

Luxury is something you can do without, and necessity is something which you can't do without no matter what.
  • Anoop Kumar
    Anoop Kumar
    If I am not wrong:
    If some one can afford luxury, it becomes necessity for that person. (Not talking of showoff)
  • zaveri
    zaveri
    ianoop
    If I am not wrong:
    If some one can afford luxury, it becomes necessity for that person. (Not talking of showoff)
    kind of right
  • aarthivg
    aarthivg
    ianoop
    If I am not wrong:
    But, I feel its not right.
  • zaveri
    zaveri
    ianoop
    If I am not wrong:

To elaborate what i said earlier, luxury becomes a necessity to the people able to afford it, only if they have tasted it. else they too can do without it.

Luxury, by its own definition means that, something which you can live without.
  • CE Designer
    CE Designer
    Luxury and stiff competition i would say 😀
  • Anoop Mathew
    Anoop Mathew
    Luxury is that which motivated you to keep working. It is what makes you 'try' to 'live' your dreams. It is infact what makes you dream. Luxury invokes innovation. The need for luxury can't be repelled, and it's intensity keeps going one notch higher as the years move on.

P.S: But in all it's glory isn't Luxury just a cheap excuse to happiness? Read #-Link-Snipped-# and comment.
  • Pratik Pranay
    Pratik Pranay
    luxury cant always be mother of invention..luxury is just a small part...all inventors dont get luxury....i think necessity is still mother becoz necessity makes an inventor to invent no matter what the conditions are...!!
  • Smiech
    Smiech
    What are the needs that necessitates the invention???
  • Smiech
    Smiech
    Does war promote technological innovation???
  • Anoop Mathew
    Anoop Mathew
    Smiech
    Does war promote technological innovation???
    War is in no means a Luxury!

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

This is the Project using PIC controller to control Servo motor through Usb 2.0 interface with System application. also i have attached schematic
CEan goyal420 asked how can we make images zoom in after a click. We can use .animate() function and change the properties of an image. Lets have a container and...
most of the chemical engineering student in nigeria tend to to dive into the petroleum sector after graduating is there any sector a chemical engineer can work apart from the...
i am recently working on seminar "finite element analysis of gear" and project "dynamic analysis of helical gear by photoelasticity". if any one have any information please share with me.i...
class box { int height; int width; int length; box(int h=0, int w=0, int l=0) { height=h; width=w; length=l; } int vol() { return height*width*length; } } public class consdemo...