Low cost varients launch by TATA till Dec 2011.

Tata Motors has struggled hard to promote Tata Aria MPV, the first India crossover car. So far, the sales of Aria in India have not been impressive, the main reason being the high cost. The kind of features and gadgetry which Aria make the price point higher and make it difficult to cut on cost. The low end variant of Aria 4×4 was launched at a price of 12.91 Lakhs which is quite high for an Indian cost sensitive buyer.
No automaker wans low sales of a product designed with lots of hard work and innovative ideas. To pump up the sales of Aria, Tata is developing a 4×2 or a front wheel drive variant of Tata Aria. The new variant will offer similar features and gadgetry but cutting down on the power train from a 4-wheel drive to a front wheel drive. This will help Tata to cut down on the cost by as much as Rs. 1 Lakh.

Besides the 4×2, Tata will also make a stripped down variant of the Aria 4×2 which will offer some less features and gadgetry compared to the 4×4. The low cost variant will cost close to Rs. 10.5 Lakhs as against 12.9 Lakhs for the base variant of 4×4 with its features and gadgetry.

We are keeping an eye on the latest developments and will inform you of the official details as they arrive.
Source: Low Cost Tata Aria Front Wheel Drive 4x2 Model In India

Replies

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

ok, this has been taken up many times- but i think i have figured out a 'might-work' solution. Honesty If every CEan can remember that they are on a technical...
Mazda is one of the most popular brands in the Japanese market and its charm prevails in other global markets too. For quite a while this 5th largest Japanese automaker...
News Corp is one of the big names in the media. They purchased MySpace back in 2005 for cool $580 million and now they are willing to sell it only...
In case you missed our VoiCE coverage, SETI project has shut down because of lack of funds. You may however donate and bring the project back to life and help...
I believe we've discussed this point multiple times. I'm starting this thread to bring to attention the way of providing feedback to other users who are new to forums. 1....