Low cost efficient water level detector switch

i was in my friends village bfore a few days n i noticed that there is a serious problem wid the farmers i.e they wake up at night every now and den to check the water put in their farms. so i wanted to make a simple low cost efficient water level detector swith which could detect the level of the water in the farms and switch off the motor pump when it reaches the desired level. i wanted some ideas for it. sh i use pic 555 ic or some other implementation. pl help.

Replies

• shreyasm89
    shreyasm89
    Nice idea. I think you should check out the working of level detectors in residential buildings. There you will get your answers.
  • Maitham
    Maitham
    you have not to use this ICs this circuit is too easy. You can use two wires as an open cct. Then when the water reaches a desired level, the water will short the two wires. This will give the signal which you can use to switch the motor pump off. okay guy??
  • d_vipul
    d_vipul
    hey maitham,

sorry to say but your method also need to use IC 555.........

just create a Bistable Multi Vibrator using IC 555.........
    and use maitham's method for Triggering...........

so simple

so you both guys are saying the same................

for further details feel free to ask...........

Regards,
    VIPUL
  • Maitham
    Maitham
    NO DEAR VIPUL

There is no need to use the 555 IC, I meant you can use the signal from contacting the two wire to energize a relay by a transistor. This relay will switch the motor power cct off. Thats all

Regards,
    Maitham
  • JCgal
    JCgal
    hi,

Hope my idea can help, since your motor has an magnetic starter all you need is 3 rods and a floating relay. one rod is common the center one and the long one should go to lowest level you want then the short one for the max height of water. by connecting the rods in the relay properly you can attain perfect on/off of your pump automatically.

thank you.
  • Wuebbs007
    Wuebbs007
    Limit Switch in series with the motor? water rises to desired the Limit switch turns off motor using a water float to activated limit switch. this way u will not have a shock hazard and you wont be pulling a crap load of amps bc the waters not being a conductor.
  • khaled hamza
    khaled hamza
    you can use a contactor for switching the motor on or off , and get a level switch ( limit switch ) in series with the motor power and control circuit .
    then when the level is reached high , it energize the level switch to give signal to the contactor to switch off the motor , and vice versa.

I posted an article about this control scheme at this blog
    Electricity , Power generation ,Thermal power plant , Solar Energy , Generators , Green Energy

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

Hi, I'm working on active and reactive power control of Dubly Fed induction generator. I need help, Anyone had sample or reference can be recommendated. Cheers! Jade
Ever wondered why things fall downwards? Yes, back in school, when you first heard of Newton, and gravity. And have you ever wondered why there are 12 notes to an...
Please tell me what is Plant load factor and diversity factor?
Robotic Events: Lock and Load: The event involves the making of two robots that lock into each other and function as a unit. The duo must perform a task while...
On behalf of the Institute of Technology, Banaras Hindu University as the host of this festival, it gives us great pleasure to introduce to you Technex, our Annual Technical Festival...