Lottery prize email

Should one answer to the emails that claim that a person has won some certain amount of money in a lottery prize?
Are such emails fake?(even if the email appear in the inbox and not in the spam)

Replies

• Deepika Bansal
    Deepika Bansal
    i am not very sure but i think they are all fake........... i certainly never reply them..........!!
  • Kaustubh Katdare
    Kaustubh Katdare
    Nion
    Should one answer to the emails that claim that a person has won some certain amount of money in a lottery prize?
    Are such emails fake?(even if the email appear in the inbox and not in the spam)
    You should first report those mails as 'Spam' and then delete them. These mails are a part of what's known as the 'Nigerian Lottery Scam'. There's no free money in this world ๐Ÿ˜€ .
  • Neema Ambhurkar
    Neema Ambhurkar
    Deepika Bansal
    i am not very sure but i think they are all fake........... i certainly never reply them..........!!
    Even I do not reply but I've known some people who reply to such emails and messages. Sorry but could you please avoid the usage of trail of dots? Please follow the rules of the forum.

The_Big_K
    There's no free money in this world ๐Ÿ˜€ .
    Hmm. I thought so, still needed to confirm. ๐Ÿ˜€
  • Saandeep Sreerambatla
    Saandeep Sreerambatla
    @ALL : There are people who replied to those emails.

The next email will be asking for some money and the reason is , "We have to ship/send your money , and according to some act (some number) deducting money from winning amount is aganist law" so please send us some money and we will send you your prize!!

A 2 year back a person sent some money , and lodged a police complaint but no result so far.
  • Aashish Joshi
    Aashish Joshi
    These type of mails ARE just a scheme to make a quick buck off an unsuspecting person. These are commonly known as 419'ers. Section 419 I think is the section of Nigerian Law that deals with scams/frauds. Hence the name!

As biggie said, report them as spam (if you use gmail, 99.9% of them already end up in spam) and then delete them.
  • lovejeet
    lovejeet
    ya............ they all are just fake......... no one will provide you any amount for nothing.......... so you may reply to them but don't try to have any type of transactions....... Be safe....!!!!
  • narayana murthy
    narayana murthy
    those such emails are fake if u wanted to claim they ask ur cradit card number and u can loss some money in ur account as no organisation will not supposed to give free money to anyone and no banks are also not supports such free money so please take care of such mails and i convey my thanks to you for giving such a post here
    now all can know the fact of such mails and sms messages
  • Radhika Deshpande
    Radhika Deshpande
    Dont ever look into it. just delete it by seeing its subject line.

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

โ€‹ Email from the boss Mail sent by Narayan Murthy to all Infosys staff: It's half past 8 in the office but the lights are still on.... PCs still running,...
I received this article in an email: Old Story: The Ant works hard in the withering heat all summer building its house and laying up supplies for the winter. The...
Hello everyone ,I am willing to learn French so why not start here : your help is appreciated ๐Ÿ˜€ First Word: Bonjour: Good morning or can be use as say...
Following are the members who are all game for next CE chapter at NCR (Noida). Request to all CEan's to give you availablity for the same. Let me know your...
dear friends, I 'd like to explore on fuel cell tech in agriculture. Does anyone has any ideas? I 'd like to run the generator base on water to run...