Loss

Once I went for shopping taking 2 travelers checks of rs.500 each.I bought a commodity for rs.850. and gave shopkeeper both the checks.The shopkeeper asked his cousin to en-cash them.So he gave shopkeeper rs.1000 and took the checks. Now the shopkeeper gave me the commodity and rs.150 change.Right?
Next day the cousin asked the shopkeeper for rs.1000 as both the checks were forged and not genuine.The poor shopkeeper had to return him his money back.
So what was the total loss incurred by shopkeeper?😁

Replies

• Gurjeet Singh
    Gurjeet Singh
    1150 rupees right?
  • Saandeep Sreerambatla
    Saandeep Sreerambatla
    He took 1000 from cousin and gave 1000 back so there is no gain no loss.

He took 1000 rupees checks and gave away goods of worth rupees 850 and and 150 cash!

so there is no loss.

but as the checks are forged 1000 rupees loss for him.
  • ISHAN TOPRE
    ISHAN TOPRE
    Try hard.Harder Hardest...This is not the answer...😁
  • durga ch
    durga ch
    hmm , 1850 ?
  • Saandeep Sreerambatla
    Saandeep Sreerambatla
    Edited my answer ,this is what I can think of!
  • maria flor
    maria flor
    is this the answer 1150???
  • Varsha0802
    Varsha0802
    Is the loss of two thousand rupees?
  • deepanjan0611
    deepanjan0611
    i think the answer is 2000....
  • ISHAN TOPRE
    ISHAN TOPRE
    Well the answer is Rs.1000.

here there are two types of transactions
    1.between shop keeper and cousin:
    shopkeeper took Rs.1000 from cousin and next day returned it.
    So net result is zero.So no loss
    2.between me and shop keeper
    Shop keeper gave me goods of Rs.850 and 150 rs change.
    Hence loss is Rs.1000. 😁

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

What would be the effect on efficiency of the transformer in case all conditions remain same and power factor varies as 0.8 leading and 0.8 lagging? Will it remain same...
How do I convert GPS data on a SONIM phone for transmission on a GSM/GPRS network?
Hi friends..... I am doing a project on flyback converter. So i want to simulate a flyback converter in pspice. Initially i want to simulate mosfet to know on off...
I just want to share another story. I just found it in a blog in Google. Hope you like it. Here's a link: https://filipinoachievers.wordpress.com/2010/07/01/joey-gurango-filipino-software-engineer/
Hey CEans Dont you think hostel life is such a nice experience. Read this FREEDOM If one has never been a hostler, life is indeed incomplete. I am sure our...