losing potential

consider a very simple circuit consisting of resistor and a dc voltage source.
How do electrons move in the wire(connecting resistor and source) when there is no potential difference across its ends.
considering that voltage refers to measurement of potential energy that exists to move electrons from one point to another.
where am i wrong here?

Replies

• infinity_nimish
    infinity_nimish
    i am not getting ur doubt. the explanation is simple.
    dc source creates diff of +V volts and gnd.
  • tusharatdce
    tusharatdce
    I jus meant electrons need energy to flow from one point to another but across a conducting wire there is zero potential theoretically then how do electrons flow in the wire.?๐Ÿ˜
  • dheerajkvs
    dheerajkvs
    Actually when u connect a wire to a source, i.e the dc source it creates the required conditions for the flow of electrons.
    Electrons do not flow in a wire when it is not connected to a source. For conduction to take place a wire should be connected to a source.
    Electrons to be put simply flow from a higher potential to a lower potential.

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

Hello Everyone I am a student of ECE and am making a clap switch project with this circuit.Electronics for You-Circuit Lab- Free and tested circuit diagrams-Clap Switch I have completed...
Quality of life, a concept that gets great significance precisely in the details, which mostly did not pay attention to their existence, but once a small detail is missing, we...
I m interested in making an all terrain robot. It'll basically run on wheels, or i might change my plan to 'belts'. But the basic question about is the motor...
I m making an agro-bot! that's an agricultural robot. It's supposed to go around the plants of vegetables on the field, and spray pesticides on the vegetables and drop the...
sir pls send me 4 th sem electrical engg previous years question papers with answers.the subjects are: material science(ms) electrical machines electronics & electrical measurements(eem) economics & costing dec fluid...