Looking for help on high current measurement

Dear Team,

I saw your forum, its great. I am looking for a way to measure the welding current in a Spot Welding machine.

Its max current can go upto 45 KA and this current will flow for an instant (fraction of a second).

Can you please suggest some best possible way? ๐Ÿ˜€

Thanks in advance.

Replies

• RenyV
    RenyV
    RenyV
    Dear Team,

I saw your forum, its great. I am looking for a way to measure the welding current in a Spot Welding machine.

Its max current can go upto 45 KA and this current will flow for an instant (fraction of a second).

Can you please suggest some best possible way? ๐Ÿ˜€

Thanks in advance.
    Hi,

To add more, I find out some possible solutions

1. Using the CT method, but I guess VA burden would be very high

2. Hall effect current sensing method, But I doubt if it can measure upto 45KA

Please suggest.

Thanks. ๐Ÿ˜€
  • freak16
    freak16
    Hello
    Welcome to CE..
    I think you should go for current transformer it is the most apt device..and donot worry if transient current amount to 45 kva that too for few moments.
  • nsiva007
    nsiva007
    Yes CT will do.. But not pretty sure if you can measure it that instantaneous ...!

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

Microsoft Excel has evolved from "Multiplan" to "Excel" over 25 years. The first spreadsheet program was created by Microsoft to be run on DOS and other operating systems. However as...
Whats your favourite antivirus software,discuss about its advantages and disadvantages. Why do you prefer it?
there are two room, in the first room there are 13 machines and in other room their are 13 switches for those machine (in any order). Two room are completely...
hi friends can anyone tell me how can we write a code to scan chest or eye in JAVA...๐Ÿ˜Ž
Guys before discussing about corporate world Game I just wanted to know how many of you know the reason for satyam failure in 2009? Can anyone tell me?