London Olympics 2012 - Show Off Affordable In Economic Crisis?

Olympics fever has started in London, And this is one of the greatest investment sports meet. whether they do(host) it for the prestige,to show off to the world that they are one of the wealthiest? Because there is a huge cost involved in creating all the venues.

On the other hand, Britain had three quarters of negative growth. This show off is affordable in this Economic Crisis?

Replies

• RISHABH LALA
    RISHABH LALA
    In true sense they ought to be the losers . Had they invested this much in their economy they could have opted for some positive growth . The major reason of Euro - Zone crisis is the same ,ie. their lavish spendings and zero recovery . They always try to be the part of show -offs !
  • nibhani
    nibhani
    aarthivg
    Olympics fever has started in London, And this is one of the greatest investment sports meet. whether they do(host) it for the prestige,to show off to the world that they are one of the wealthiest? Because there is a huge cost involved in creating all the venues.

On the other hand, Britain had three quarters of negative growth. This show off is affordable in this Economic Crisis?
    its not like a show off..its a way to make a good relation among all the contries...it is a way to joint all the contry together..it shows the talent of different differnt country and shows the position of different contries in the world in different games..so i think its very necessary and its a good thing..its not a lavish thing...it should be..
  • aarthivg
    aarthivg
    nibhani
    its not like a show off..its a way to make a good relation among all the contries...it is a way to joint all the contry together..it shows the talent of different differnt country and shows the position of different contries in the world in different games..so i think its very necessary and its a good thing..its not a lavish thing...it should be..
    I am not against the games. I too accept it builds up relationship and find talents. But, have you seen the opening ceremony, How grand it was, how much money it could have spend? Is that needed it this economic crisis ?
  • silverscorpion
    silverscorpion
    Spending is not always a bad thing.

You know, in Japan, people were very much thrifty. They were not willing to spend at all, and it ended up creating a Deflation In Japan that lasted for years. (Deflation is just the opposite of inflation, meaning the prices go down with time).

Now, due to the Olympics, London city as such would have got a face lift. It's infrastructure and facilities and everything would surely have been improved. That's certainly not a bad thing. As for the opening ceremony, I'm sure, compared to all the other expenses incurred to make London Olympics ready, the cost for the opening ceremony would be nothing. And besides, it is in global events like these, that any government can show that they are thriving and are well suited for investments. It's in a way, an advertisement too. So, I wouldn't say it's a bad thing at all. 😀
  • nibhani
    nibhani
    aarthivg
    I am not against the games. I too accept it builds up relationship and find talents. But, have you seen the opening ceremony, How grand it was, how much money it could have spend? Is that needed it this economic crisis ?
    you are talking about the opening ceremony ok then i will say that it is right that it was grand but i think that it should be because it is a ceremony in which a lot of countries are participating then obviously it should be grand and if it is grand then they have to spend money for this because it is a matter of reputation of that country in which this ceremony is organised...
  • zaveri
    zaveri
    Olympics is one event where money is spent exorbitantly, insanely, and without any consideration. personally i feel it is one of the causes of economic downturns, which probably explains why poverty still prevails in some places of India.

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

satyam mishra Electronics & communication BIT MESRA,Ranchi,JHARKHAND,
Hi Everyone, I have completed my engineering in Electronics & Telecommunication from Pune University. I wanted to know if there are any electronics weaponology related course available for Post Graduation...
Discuss your rank and preferences to know about probability to get institute for choice!!
Hi.. Does anybody knows how to run examples on the grid simulator that are given along with the pacakage of grid simulator ? I'm new to grid computing and I...
I stumbled upon the Parinee Ism - an upcoming Ω shaped building in Mumbai. The habitable tower is offers both residential and office spaces. The building has been designed by...