CrazyEngineers Archive
Old, but evergreen and popular discussions on CrazyEngineers, presented to you in read-only mode.
@Sreejith T • 19 Aug, 2012
Could u buddies plz tell me what is the difference between functional programming language and logic programming language ???
@monujatt • 21 Aug, 2012 • 1 like Logic programming is basically contains the logic(basically as mathematical expressions) e.g PROLOG language used for artifical intelligence which contains rules and facts and on the basis of arguments of predicates(using backtracking) it return either true or false.{Search for monkey banana problem in PROLOG}
While in function programming , it basically contains functions which we know in any lanuguage returns a specific value on the basis of signature of function.
@Jalajpachouly • 21 Aug, 2012 I am really not sure about your queastion, do you want to know about System programming versus application programming. Just to clear Functional programming and Logical programming mostly need the same operations, I mean funcation code also have lot of logic, like calcualting income tax for example.
Diffrence between application programming verses System is - Application programming solves business related problems like calculate Income Tax, where as System program talks to hardware or Operating System, like File Management, or varioys Drivers like Mouse , keyboard etc. Hope this helps.. Jalaj
@Sreejith T • 22 Aug, 2012 [quote="Jalajpachouly, ponoming versus application programming. Just to clear Functional programming and Logical programming mostly need the same operations, I mean funcation code also have lot of logic, like calcualting income tax for example.
Diffrence between application programming verses System is - Application programming solves business related problems like calculate Income Tax, where as System program talks to hardware or Operating System, like File Management, or varioys Drivers like Mouse , keyboard etc. Hope this helps.. Jalaj[/quote]

no i meant for the difference btwn the logic and functional programming languages....
@monujatt • 22 Aug, 2012 i think my above reply is very much explanatory...in brief
logic programming use predicates(return only true or false)
while functional programming use functions(return output as ur defined signature)...
and hope u see the monkey banana problem in PROLOG for logic programming 😛
2.8k views

Related Posts

@Anuj Pratap Singh · Mar 1, 2015

Project Abstract / Summary : As the conventional steering system i.e. two wheel steering system fails to meet the challenge of improving steering response and vehicle stability at certain speed....
3.4k views

@Ankita Katdare · Oct 30, 2015

Swipe Telecom has been steadily capturing the Indian market share and its latest smartphone is called the 'Swipe Elite 2' - a super affordable 4G smartphone with the power of...
2.9k views

@Ankita Katdare · Aug 22, 2014

When it comes to an ultra low cost phones, the market in India is hugely dominated by the Google's Android OS smartphones. Giving a stiff competition to that, here comes...
1.9k views

@atul-namdeo · Nov 2, 2013

please tell me how to do preparation for Mahindra Auto Quiz..
8.7k views

@Kaustubh Katdare · Jan 9, 2014

​Akshai Varde is the Indian name behind the Italian-sounding, awesome-looking, Vardenchi Motorcycles. I had a chance to meet Akshai at TiECon Nagpur 2013 where he was a guest speaker. Akshai...
1.9k views