Logic Programming and functional programming

Could u buddies plz tell me what is the difference between functional programming language and logic programming language ???

Replies

• monujatt
    monujatt
    Logic programming is basically contains the logic(basically as mathematical expressions) e.g PROLOG language used for artifical intelligence which contains rules and facts and on the basis of arguments of predicates(using backtracking) it return either true or false.{Search for monkey banana problem in PROLOG}
    While in function programming , it basically contains functions which we know in any lanuguage returns a specific value on the basis of signature of function.
  • Jalajpachouly
    Jalajpachouly
    I am really not sure about your queastion, do you want to know about System programming versus application programming. Just to clear Functional programming and Logical programming mostly need the same operations, I mean funcation code also have lot of logic, like calcualting income tax for example.
    Diffrence between application programming verses System is - Application programming solves business related problems like calculate Income Tax, where as System program talks to hardware or Operating System, like File Management, or varioys Drivers like Mouse , keyboard etc. Hope this helps.. Jalaj
  • Sreejith T
    Sreejith T
    [quote="Jalajpachouly, ponoming versus application programming. Just to clear Functional programming and Logical programming mostly need the same operations, I mean funcation code also have lot of logic, like calcualting income tax for example.
    Diffrence between application programming verses System is - Application programming solves business related problems like calculate Income Tax, where as System program talks to hardware or Operating System, like File Management, or varioys Drivers like Mouse , keyboard etc. Hope this helps.. Jalaj[/quote]

no i meant for the difference btwn the logic and functional programming languages....
  • monujatt
    monujatt
    i think my above reply is very much explanatory...in brief
    logic programming use predicates(return only true or false)
    while functional programming use functions(return output as ur defined signature)...
    and hope u see the monkey banana problem in PROLOG for logic programming 😛

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

Please explain me about this innovative technology to get some good idea about that......??
Ecuador has offered Asylum to the Wikileaks founder Julian Assange and the UK (with the backing of US) is trying to pressurise the little Latin country. But Rafael Correa, the...
I think the word "corruption" is slowly becoming synonymous to the word "Invincible","Immortal" however you put..! It is slowly(slowly?? 😛) climbing the tangent curve..! can we stop it before it...
This post isn't going to be much about Apple TV or iTV. Apple is known to disrupt the markets. The iPod disrupted the personal music player market, the iPhone did...
Apple is rumoured to be in the process of launching a smaller, pocket friendly version of the popular tablet brand - the iPad. The 7" seems to be Apple's answer...