CrazyEngineers Archive
Old, but evergreen and popular discussions on CrazyEngineers, presented to you in read-only mode.
@Sreejith T • 19 Aug, 2012
Could u buddies plz tell me what is the difference between functional programming language and logic programming language ???
@monujatt • 21 Aug, 2012 • 1 like Logic programming is basically contains the logic(basically as mathematical expressions) e.g PROLOG language used for artifical intelligence which contains rules and facts and on the basis of arguments of predicates(using backtracking) it return either true or false.{Search for monkey banana problem in PROLOG}
While in function programming , it basically contains functions which we know in any lanuguage returns a specific value on the basis of signature of function.
@Jalajpachouly • 21 Aug, 2012 I am really not sure about your queastion, do you want to know about System programming versus application programming. Just to clear Functional programming and Logical programming mostly need the same operations, I mean funcation code also have lot of logic, like calcualting income tax for example.
Diffrence between application programming verses System is - Application programming solves business related problems like calculate Income Tax, where as System program talks to hardware or Operating System, like File Management, or varioys Drivers like Mouse , keyboard etc. Hope this helps.. Jalaj
@Sreejith T • 22 Aug, 2012 [quote="Jalajpachouly, ponoming versus application programming. Just to clear Functional programming and Logical programming mostly need the same operations, I mean funcation code also have lot of logic, like calcualting income tax for example.
Diffrence between application programming verses System is - Application programming solves business related problems like calculate Income Tax, where as System program talks to hardware or Operating System, like File Management, or varioys Drivers like Mouse , keyboard etc. Hope this helps.. Jalaj[/quote]

no i meant for the difference btwn the logic and functional programming languages....
@monujatt • 22 Aug, 2012 i think my above reply is very much explanatory...in brief
logic programming use predicates(return only true or false)
while functional programming use functions(return output as ur defined signature)...
and hope u see the monkey banana problem in PROLOG for logic programming 😛
5k views

Related Posts

@Kaustubh Katdare · Dec 13, 2012

I'm facing this problem with the proximity sensor on my Galaxy Note II. The screen turns blank when I'm on call (the phone's near the ear) but it does not...
76.6k views

@krak000 · Jul 15, 2011

friend, i have a doubt........... in a convergent Nozzle, pressure decreases n Velocity increases. If Velocity Increases, Its Accelaration also increases. So, Force also increases. So, Pressure has to be...
3.9k views

@Guneet Khanuja · Nov 10, 2014

Cracku is a mobile test preparation platform developed by a group of IIT-IIM alumni looking to revolutionize the way students prepare for MBA entrance exams. With an aim to give...
4.6k views

@Ankita Katdare · May 30, 2014

Intex Mobiles has launched a new android smartphone in India today called the "Intex Aqua i5 Mini", a low budget phone with above average features. Sporting a 4.5" IPS FWVGA...
4k views

@sookie · Aug 24, 2009

Hi all programmers here! Problem Statement : A positive integer is called a palindrome if its representation in the decimal system is the same when read from left to right...
4.4k views