load test on induction regulator

when we perform practical in lab.
the stator is delta connected .wattmeter is connected in line (V of wattmeter connected to the neutral of variac) after the ammeter.
thw current passes through the wattmeter is line current but wattmeter measure per phase power . why????

Replies

• jivv
    jivv
    Hi pk-pk,

If I undestand correctly the Variac is applying a l-l voltage to the delta side and the voltmeter portion of the wattmeter is between line and neutral of the variac. If you have a balanced system, that means that you are reading just the phase voltage (remember in phasors Vac=Va-Vc). The rms Va value is measured compared to a 0 volt reference (in this case the variac neutral), so what you get out of it is Va*Ia which is the power per phase.

I hope that helps

Cheers

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

Quick Heal[sup]TM[/sup] Total Security 2010[sup]TM[/sup] is an excellent, comprehensive security system for your PC/laptop/notebook. The installation process is flawless and requires minimum input from the user. The package contains additional...
As we know by using these tags ,, we can able to change the text style. Look at this code . Here in this...
Hi, As we all know, every person has a special power which differentiates him/her from others. What some comes to know their in earlier and on the other hand, some...
What are the differences between Serial schedule and Serializability? As i concerned, a schedule is said to be Serial if all the operation of transaction executes consicutively without any interference...
Hello CEans! I am MegaByte from Maharashtra, India. And I am doing engineering in Computer Science. I joined CrazyEngineers because I found it interesting that all the engineers around share...